Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust systems

Soe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Looking for any tip on how to make my exhaust sound better I currently have a straight line pipe with no middle and rear muffler on although it sounds loud it doesn’t have a good note

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Even though I love the V6 Commodore's, getting a "nice" note out of them, just doesn't happen.

I put a stock V8 exhaust on mine, and its just given it a bit of a pur. You can just hear it. I found that the rear muffler actually made a big difference.
I put the V8 quad tip mufflers on the back, but I made sure it was the true quad tip, not the Y shaped 1into2, which is for the AFM models. For what ever reason, in my opinion, those Y shaped mufflers sound absolute ****.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Even though I love the V6 Commodore's, getting a "nice" note out of them, just doesn't happen.

I put a stock V8 exhaust on mine, and its just given it a bit of a pur. You can just hear it. I found that the rear muffler actually made a big difference.
I put the V8 quad tip mufflers on the back, but I made sure it was the true quad tip, not the Y shaped 1into2, which is for the AFM models. For what ever reason, in my opinion, those Y shaped mufflers sound absolute ****.
I put the non AFM mufflers on and the drone hurt my ears back to the std AFM mufflers, do have headers and high flow cats 09 Berlina duel fuel

Soe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Wo

Would u be able to give me a link to the exhaust type u have on?

Soe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Like m
I put the non AFM mufflers on and the drone hurt my ears back to the std AFM mufflers, do have headers and high flow cats 09 Berlina duel fuel
The sound is good when u not rev it that hard but as soon as I put my pedal hard like on a 100 road it sound s..t like someone fart

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Looking for any tip on how to make my exhaust sound better I currently have a straight line pipe with no middle and rear muffler on although it sounds loud it doesn’t have a good note

Deleted mufflers? Your entire suburb must hate you

Soe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Like m

The sound is good when u not rev it that hard but as soon as I put my pedal hard like on a 100 road it sound s..t like someone fart
Deleted mufflers? Your entire suburb must hate you
yeah haha

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Any tip on how to make it a good sound maybe put in a rear muffler back in?

Plenty of posts here about exhausts. Read a few to see what others have done. But yes, as a minimum put mufflers back on, even a rear hotdog