Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust systems

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
i am a bit unsure about which exhaust system to get. i was thinkin of gettin a twin 2.5inch system. but other ppl are tellen me to get a single 3inch system. it currently has a 2inch system i need somthin better tho cause the engine has had a far bit of work done to it since then. and incude some good brands as i dont know much about exhaust systems.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Your choice, twins sound better singles are cheaper :) So long as you have twin cats on the single then there wouldn't be much difference in power. If you do get the twin system make sure it's got a crossover pipe/balance pipe in it or better still a merge chamber or X pipe type setup

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
go the single 3" Zorst - Pacmaker 4 into 1's good mid range torque. Lukey Ultra Flow Muffler in Stainless,Magnaflow High Flow Cat and Hot Dog to keep the noise down.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ive got extractors into twin 2.5" system that then goes to a single 3" before the diff. Sounds good and as for power, that plus HSV airbox and the fact its been looked after all its life netted 143.5rwkw.
AirStrike :air:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Which model/engine combo you got in there, if it's the older 308 black/blue pacemaker doesn't do a 4 into 1 extractor if you have the late VN style heads i believe they do. i'd go with the twin system with the cross over/balance pipe and some 3 chamber delta flow Flowmasters. go for the smaller diameter & longer length secondary/collector for mid range torque or the bigger & shorter collector for more peak power:)

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
it's a 308 blue motor. with yella terra heads. out of a 1981 vh ss

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
which YT heads -3 or -9 as they have different exhaust ports, the -3 is based on the early heads with the siamesed center 2 exhaust ports and the -9 is based on the later style VN heads where the exhaust ports are all spaced evenly. the early heads with the siamesed center exhaust ports tend to have a hot spot between the 2 middle cylinders

www.pacemaker.com.au/

check their website for more info

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
i wld say it wld be the 3- heads?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
pretty sure pacemaker only does the tri-y design for this model, i'd get a twin 2.5" system all the way through with a balance pipe(b 4 the mufflers), with one muffler in each pipe b 4 the diff and straight pipes out the back. i think lukey might do a complete bolt on including headers but i have no idea how good they are???

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
sorry to jump on ur thread dude but i was wondering wat would be the better system if i wanted a really deep idle note,but still sounding beefy when i drive off without breaking law the too badly

Last edited: