Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Tips

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
HSV Tips

VF GTS Exhausta.jpg

4 inch Tips on an SSV Ute

IMG_3785a.jpg

dIMG_2199.jpg

Last edited:

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
If it's of any help, I put a full hsv system on my S1 ute. I had to get VE rear mufflers to fit with the rear bumper. They had billet alloy tips on them. The tips were always dull so I had my guy weld the standard tips on them. He charged me $100 which I thought was quite reasonable considering the care he took doing them.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Yes, they did fit. I fitted the HSV extractors, cats and mid section first with the stock mufflers, but it was WAY too quiet. I now have the HSV mufflers with the bi-modals permanently open, and it's really not that loud.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
As a new owner of one of these, I'd have preferred the real exhausts poking out.
I'm not a big fan of fake tips (careful typing required there!), but at least it has four real ones hiding in there. I've followed a lot of Merc V8 SUVs recently and they have some funky shaped tips, but only two actual outlets behind them?
https://www.autoguide.com/blog/wp-c...ercedes-AMG-GLC-63-S-4MATIC-Review-SHA-15.JPG

Also +1 on them getting stained/corroding. Its there already, and my old car had exhaust shrouds which got discoloured quickly. With metallic plastic, its hard to avoid...
Derekthetree, could you tell me what is the diameter/width of the chrome outlets ie 3in or 3.5in?. I am going to change the exhaust tips on my 2016 ssv to get a similar look, i will get the angle cut tips with the rolled edge, just need to make my mind up on size.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
If anyone who might have 3.5 or 4 inch exhaust tips on their vf ss sedan be kind enough to post a pic of same it would be a great help for me to make up my mind which one to go with. I know it is not a mater of world importance but just one of those little things i want to get right. Thanks in advance

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
If anyone who might have 3.5 or 4 inch exhaust tips on their vf ss sedan be kind enough to post a pic of same it would be a great help for me to make up my mind which one to go with. I know it is not a mater of world importance but just one of those little things i want to get right. Thanks in advance

3.5 inch tips.
23334073_10210830797908050_6475305640098306095_o.jpg

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
Not sure what you mean by that. They look the same to me, but I didn't fit them so can't comment further. Bigger the better IMO!
Yes they look good. I think the standard ss tips which seem to be 2.75 inch just don't give it that mean look like the bigger tips can do