Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Tips???

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
hey all, what i want to know is what sort of exhaust tips/mufflers would be used to do a 6cyl the justice it deserves (no ford bashing pleze:) )
I dont want to over do it, i just want to make it a bit louder so that the 6cyl noise comes thru a bit louder.
Cheers

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch cat back, with a lukey or redback muffler and hotdog resonator. It'll give you a nice growl when revving, with minimal droning, at idle your exhaust note will be marginally louder but minimal.

Should be able to get it fitted for $300 or so.

I dunno what brands sound better on fords. However, you're probably better going to your local exhaust joint and asking them for their opinions.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
ok i paid $830 for 2.5in with muffler and tip, high flow cat and extractors drive in drive out. took roughly 3/4 of the day. got that done at jack beedhams @ redcliffe simply i can't complain about there work they did the job and they did it right and thats good enough for me.

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
heeno said:
ok i paid $830 for 2.5in with muffler and tip, high flow cat and extractors drive in drive out. took roughly 3/4 of the day. got that done at jack beedhams @ redcliffe simply i can't complain about there work they did the job and they did it right and thats good enough for me.

Jack used to do my cars years ago (1992)and they do a bloody good job. Went to Toys Mufflers at Reddo when I had my VR though.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I just put a new exhaust on my car today (vt v6), genie extractors, high flow cat, 2.5 mandrel bent system, muffler and I took out the resonator with a nice dual chrome tip.

It sounds awesome for a V6, it makes a little of a burble sound ideling and it doesn't have a drone sound to it. All for $1500 at Mr. Muffler

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I have a 2.5" Mandrel Custom Bent system, setup purely for noise factor, with a HSV Chrome Tip.. approx $380 system.

V6, non modified 2.5" is the perfect size for back pressure allowances.