Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Upgrade for VP V6?

thehsvmanv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Acclaim
Does any one know of or recommend an exhaust shop in Sydney that does a reasonable exhuast upgrade for a stock VP V6 non-IRS sedan. I'm after a good exhaust note/sound more than anything else, but also wouldn't mind better driveabilty, etc. As a full-time student my budget can't stretch much further than $500, and I am not too worried about extractors, just after a 2.5 inch system. Thanks

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Theres the usual suspects RedBack Lukey system. But can't help you in your area sorry.
But can tell you i have a redback system and am very happy with it. I got to pick the sound with different hot dogs till it was what i liked so it gives off a burble that gives it a touch of a different sound next to other systems.
Funny story my brother was in at a mates house i didn't know the house, I drove past and he told his mates that was my brother he rang to prove to them it was me:D. He says it's got a unique burble i think it's the hot dog.
Get into underground car parking and set off some alarms:p

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
if anybody tries to charge you more than $300 for a catback zorst its daylight robbery.

they're off the shelf items, no more work required than grinding the old off at the cat and welding the new one on .. plus an bracket or two ..

i got mine for about $250-$275 from memory .. it was well over a year ago though.

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
yeh always shop around when your looking for an exhaust... everyone here in canberra were asking around the 300 mark for a redback exhaust without rear muffler, then found a guy in melbourne selling the same exhaust for 225 delivered. thats heaps of money to save and to put towards other mods, so remember to look around...

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I got my redback catback for $320 with the two mufflers and i was not happy with the note so i got the resinator removed. another $40 so if i was you i wouldnt get a resinator in the 1st place. Sounds sweet as now.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i bbought a red back exhaust with no rear muffler for $250.00 sounds ok. $18.00 postage from ebay, fitted it myself and on the road again.

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
i paid $330 for a redback exhaust with no rear resinator + 15 for postage

and i put it on myself and its SWEET. but i find i speed more cause i want to make as much noise as possible

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Do you find you redback exhaust with no rear muffler sounds best just over 2500rpm? My sounds awsome accelerating at 2500rpm just wondering if anyone elses does. Mines a 5sp by the way.

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
yea it sounds heaps better above 2500rpm. thats why i lock it in 2nd around town. mines auto btw

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
yea it sounds heaps better above 2500rpm. thats why i lock it in 2nd around town. mines auto btw

hope you dont sook about petrol prices mate! ::p