Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust VE SS

BobbyNatoli

N.F.I.aboutCARS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V Commodore SS
G'day all. First time user so be gentle:)) Love the car, but would like it to sound like a V8 but, like all worried about drone sound. can anyone give me suggestions/recommendations. How much do you think i'm up for? Live in MELBOURNE.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
unfortunately if you want it to sound like a V8 you may have to be content with the drone , you can put sound deadener in the spare wheel well, put wadding under the carpet in the boot I have a D & T exhaust cost 2200 sounds great , it does drone down in the low speeds but every other time it sound great, and if you are into the muscle car sound it is great and it takes you back to the 70s wind down the window turn off the radio and listen to the music coming from the exhaust,

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
also do not forget to tell your insurance company because it alters the policy and if they do not know about it you can void your insurance, it made 100 dollars a year increase to my policy for a cat back exhaust ,

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
That sux... who are you insured with ?

Hi mate
Mutual Community if you read the small print on your policy and the clause that says with holding any changes made to your vehicle MAYl void your insurance policy , and if it is not the factory fitted item and an aftermarket has been use the insurance policy needs to be updated , They class it as a performance exhaust , which it is the gain in KW and the way it opens up the breathing on my car it is very noticeable and unfortunately I paid for the exhaust and now I still have to pay yearly. so the exhaust does work out very expensive I suppose that if you do not tell the insurance company and you do not have to make a claim that is sweet but on the other hand if your claim includes the exhaust ,they could make a song and dance about the whole claim and I thought that I paid too much money for my car and to cover all of my car . everyday more and more idiots on the road. and insurance companies are in the business of making money either way that that can . Check your policy
Regard Silver Streak

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Johnsy
I checked out your ride it is a beauty mate you should be proud to have a machine like that.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
G'day all. First time user so be gentle:)) Love the car, but would like it to sound like a V8 but, like all worried about drone sound. can anyone give me suggestions/recommendations. How much do you think i'm up for? Live in MELBOURNE.

Just got a full 2.5 inch X Force stainless system (inc 4 into 1 headers and high flow cats) on my VE.

Great V8 burble at idle (now sounds like a v8 should), no drone when just cruising along, but get her some and she howls. Very happy with result. Doesn't draw attention driving around town but lets you know she's there when called on. Probably up for mid 2k's for full stainless set-up depending on brand and size. Few hundred less for mild steel, but as other have stated, your gonna get pinged with the extra insurance prem any old how.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can hook you up with a Pacemaker stainless steel twin. Not cheap though, around $2500.