Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust.. whos done it??

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
hey guys looking at setting up pacemaker headers, into high flow cat, thru to a twin 2.5 inch exhaust... this of course being done on a vy s pac ute so a v6.. so i want to know who has a similiar set up and wat note its producing and how it goes on preformance of the car and fuel, im really hoping that this will sound as mean as a v6can get haha

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
hey mate im looking a putting the same system on my Spac sedan
pacemaker headers into dual high flow cats then into single 2.5in though a high flow muffler (s bend style) then 3in resignator then out the tip
it is bout the highest flowing exhaust that the shop will do and it is legal

i was priced $1300 fitted thats with a 20% discount on the headers
so wat id urs goin to cost
and wat do other think of the price.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
i thought twin exhausts are only really effective on the v8?

V

vyyoot

I have HM headers and a 2.5inch system with high flow cat and a Supercat (Magnaflow) muffler on my VY ute. The HM's are a much better performing header than Pacies with a wider powerband. Do a search under my name VYYOOT and in my ride I have a soundfile of my system.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
twin systems are ideal on the V6 as well as the V8. Personally I believe 2.5" twins is excessive- I would have thought twin 2". But I'm not a pro...

most go for the single 2.5" or 2.25" because its a far cheaper setup than twins. Doesn't sound as good, though...I'm putting on a single 2.5" mandrel bent- would have preferred the 2.25" but 2.5" is more common, therefore cheaper

matt_brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute
i have cat back 2 1/2 to a megaflow muffler then it goes into twin 2 1/4 with two 3 inch tips. sounds alot deeper then it did just 2 1/2 and looks meaner. this cost me 200 bucks cause i already had the muffler and im very happy with it. crackles alot and twins sound better i reakon anyways

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
yeh thanks guys, i already have a 2.5 inch cat back fitted but it really doesnt do anything for me soundwise.... i havnt had a price yet but im expecting to pay around the $1000 mark, although i do have a connection from pacemaker headers, which should hope to get me a set rather cheap... so yeh im juts after something thats gonna give some noise and by noise i mean alot of noise so i think that will be the best set up on a 6