Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You do realise XForce is made in China and it is a copy of an Australian made system? And the 5 year warranty is only on the stainless. Manta do a 10 year warranty on their stainless. I'm pretty sure X Force only have 12 months on their mild steel where Manta have 2 years. And the stainless Varex only have 2 years.

You were spot on with what you said about GM Motorsport. They changed because XForce are cheaper and of course they will sell a lot more than an Australian made exhaust. A lot of people pick an exhaust based on price. Then tell everyone they love it to justify being a tight arse and not spending more on a better system. It was a business decision, not a performance based one. If I wanted to increase my turnover, I would sell XForce too, but I only sell the brand that I know will exceed customers expectations in terms of performance and fit.

The X type merge, not an X pipe. 99% of X type merges on exhaust systems are NOT X pipes.

And by saying that "most mandrel bent exhausts need to be adjusted even a little bit to get them to fit right" is incorrect. Fitting a quality system doesn't really require "adjusting", as I said, the play in the bolts is enough to get it to sit right. "Adjusting" a system implies that you have to do more than just move it on the bolts or twist a slip joint.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
lol @ adjusting exhaust comment

Talk to any decent boily, welder or probably even machinist. Ask them to make you some pipework about 3m long with a flange on one end and a few hangers in the middle to an exact specification. Then tell him he has to make 100 more, and fit them himself.

Haha yeah right they will all need 'adjusting'. It's called quality and workmanship.

tonkass

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ve Sv6 2008
Random 5 sec internet search tells me

Xpipe:
An X-Pipe is, you guessed it, shaped like an x, and allows the exhaust to flow down the path of least resistance. At lower revs, turbulence is formed as exhaust gases try to shuffle past a second column of gases coming from the other side. While always producing more power than the restrictive factory system, the potential gains are not seen until higher rpms are reached. This is where an X-Pipe stands apart from the rest. Exhaust gas is pushed out harder as the engine spins faster. The X-Pipe merges this chaos into two uniform streams, allowing a smooth flow from engine to tailpipe.

Both streams keep each other up to speed, which draws even more spent exhaust out the cylinders. Magnaflow X-Pipes provide a boost in horsepower and a higher tone akin to an exotic car.

H pipe: An H-Pipe is also shaped like its namesake and relies on exhaust expansion to balance the cylinder banks. A small section of tubing in between the main pipes provides an area for gases to expand into during exhaust pulses. Only a small amount of exhaust flows from one stream to the other as both sides push back and forth in the center section. Flowmaster H-Pipes feature low restriction, so gains in performance are noticed from low rpm and give the exhaust a deeper, muscle car-like tone.

While both X and H pipes serve the same purpose, they use different methods to build power and economy, all while providing a distinctive sound. Think of an X-Pipe as being at home in a high-winding modern V6 or V8 while an H-Pipe conjures memories of tire-shredding torque in classic American iron.

I can provide the website details in pm if anyone likes but no, you have it the wrong way around and sorry to say but no x pipe is designed for sound... it's designed for free flowing performance and fuel economy. I love it when people think they know what they are talking about are proven to be false.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I love it when people think they know what they are talking about are proven to be false.

Oh the irony. I'd take Not_An_Abba_Fan's word over yours any day as he owns an exhaust shop while you just googled your answers.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
What makes you say that's it's made up and incorrect? Why don't you search if an x pipe reduces rasp.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Your the one holding his balls, be my guest...

Oh grow up you tart.

X pipes reduce some rasp and also changes the exhaust note. If you wanted to further reduce the rasp then get some resonators installed.

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
With my xforce extractors, cats, and cat back, I had no problem whatsoever, in regards to fitting, alignment, workmanship and finish etc. Very happy. The batch no. on them were around March 2013. So I guess the later versions are better.

TAS1981

Reaction score
With my xforce extractors, cats, and cat back, I had no problem whatsoever, in regards to fitting, alignment, workmanship and finish etc. Very happy. The batch no. on them were around March 2013. So I guess the later versions are better.

Was out in my mates SSV Ute full XForce exhaust, no issues, no drone...sounded epic when he roared past..he has had it cammed and intake etc etc...

I am totally stock right now and looking at a catback... I must admit I am struggling to look past hte XForce...

Generally the more of something people sell the more instances of problems there are... i cannot discern a HUGE difference between the different exhausts to be perfectly honest, but I do understand people wanting to buy the best kit. I think I will honestly be looking at a Stainless XForce catback and following up with OTR CAI and then later headers and cats.... if i have a problem with fitment it will go back to be done properly...

And in a large multi-piece exhaust across teh different models of car and manufacturers I ahve often seen that exhausts need "adjusting" and I mean in the sense of reseating bolts and flanges and rehanging the bushes etc to get it to fit perfectly....its entirely normal. If for some reason flanges don't line up and cause leaks then thats a manufacturing issue but I have not heard of that on here.

You can have a bad experience with anything...and if you do you are more likely to post then if you don't. Hence the reason you see people moaning is because there are hundreds more who are perfectly happy and don't need to post a thing.

That's my 2 cents! (I'm not looking to have my mind changed either so don't bother! LOL!)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Tonkass, ironic you have ass in your user name, but I'll move on.

If you bothered to read what I wrote, I said the X type merge is used to to take the raspy note out, and I also said there was a difference between a proper X pipe and an X type merge. Just because two pipes touch and look like an X doesn't make it an X pipe. What you googled and found is spot on. A proper X pipe does exactly what you said, but an X type merge does not. I have a couple of pictures somewhere....

Picture one, this shows how an X type merge is restrictive. The discolouration just before and at the merge shows that it has gotten VERY hot.

Picture two, this is one that I cut out of a system.

Picture 3, this is what the inside looks like, see, restrictive.

Picture 4, a proper X pipe, this one is a Mgnaflow.

These pictures show the difference between an X pipe and an X type merge. All the merge does is combine the left and right banks pulses so that you get a "jumbled" exhaust pulse when they hit the mufflers. These are used when the mufflers themselves produce a crap note. Crap mufflers don't produce a smooth note when pulses are too far apart, so the merge combines left and right pulses to interrupt the sound waves and smooths the note out before it hits the mufflers. Good quality, properly designed mufflers with the right balance of size, packing material and density of the packing will produce a much smoother note.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Lol at the xforce fan boys. I bought an xforce catback. Sounded boomy and **** house. Vibrated a heat shield under my car at certain revs. Now I got the manta, as I've said before it produces a much cleaner neater note. Sound foes out the back of the car instead of reverberating around the cabin. The fitment of the xforce was ok at best, wasn't bat but the manta was better. No dramas at all. Xforce tailless feels very tinny and brittle. Put manta to one side for a second get yourself a kpm system of Difillipo and you will wonder why you ever got excited about xforce.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2