Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust

TAS1981

Reaction score
Xforce is not just about saving money, it's value for money + personal preference. Aren't ALL the above exhausts except some variants made in China? Seems so. DiFilippo is a classic case, yet it is personal preference that makes people shell out 5 - 10x what it's worth in third world base cost plus shipping because of brand / sound preference (questionable 5/10kw not worth +$3000).
Drone is technical fact with GenIV, not opinion or preference, and I'm yet to see any technical evidence of the effectiveness of no-drone stock muffler replacement vs personal opinion.
Arguing one pipe is better because of country of origin, or who owns the patent to crossing twin exhaust pipes in an ideal way (Sureflo, an Aussie company) vs just sorta copying it but not exactly, seems a bit hypocritical and complicated when the net effect is sweet bugger all.
Seems most aftermarket performance exhausts are Chinese steel pipes, take your pick of grade and design to your most fanciful preference.
I don't like crispy, clear, raspy exhausts, neither do my neighbours, but I'm never compelled to reply that they are terrible at all, certainly not every time someone mentions that brand in a post. Puerile.

^ What he said.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
im going to defend xforce since my manta on my SV6 sounded horrible after it broke in was raspy and had this farting noise all i can say my xforce sound much cleaner and the only issue i had was vibration on a heat shield which was my fault since i Aqua Plained and bent all the heat shield up. here is my manta what my car use to sound like absolutely **** but the build quality of exhaust was fantastic only positive lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
im going to defend xforce since my manta on my SV6

That's your number 1 problem right there I'd say.
6's with an exhaust just don't work well..

I personally don't like xforce as every one of my mates who has had it, it droned like a prick.

I've had a custom made cat back put on my ssv wagon, and headers, cats and otr going on shortly. Sounds amazing with zero drone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
ive got the xforce 2.25" its wonderful its quite but when you put your foot in it barks which is what i like only time there is a small amount of drone is uphill. but hey to each there own XD reason i dont have a V8 is cause just dont need the power the 6 does me just fine

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Exhaust note is entirely subjective. I've said it before and I will say it again. What one person likes, another won't. I'm not saying Manta are the the best exhaust hands down, but I am saying that Manta is a quality brand and has very few issues.

Kieran was a rare example of the exhaust not suiting the application and personal preference. I have directed people to that video and most actually like the burble on deceleration. An aftermarket exhaust is going to be louder and will burble. That's the nature of a free flowing exhaust. It's the quality of the note that sets some brands above others. Kieran didn't like the note of that particular combination that he got. We tried a solution, he still wasn't happy. Going from a 2 1/2" to a 2 1/4" will always make it quieter.

I'm actually disappointed that assman got banned, was having quite a technical discussion with him via PM. One thing he kept going on about was the warranty, take it back etc, XForce do not guarantee exhaust note. They, like most others, only guarantee against early failure and defects in manufaturing. Just because someone doesn't like the note, doesn't make it warranty. He also said that to stop the drone, you need to fit headers and cats, why? You don't need to do that with most other brands, but maybe that is another pocket lining excercise by them. "Here have an exhaust", "I don't like the way it drones", "Oh, we're sorry, did we neglect to tell you that you need to spend another $1000 to stop the drone?".

For the record, Manta is 100% Australian owned and manufactured. Their factory is in a small country town here in WA called Cunderdin, and the warehouse is in Perth. They are a very ethical company and the very few mistakes made by them have been rectified at no cost. I had one example of a customer receiving the wrong part and rather than pay the freight to get it back, Manta just sent a new one and let the customer keep the wrong part. (They sent two front assemblies instead of a front and rear).

Oh, and I would put Manta up ther with KPM and Difillipo as far as quality of note and flow go, the only reason I do them cheap is I have no overheads to pay. They are not a "cheap" system. Call an exhaust shop and see how much they quote you on a Manta.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i agree exhaust is all personal preference i managed to find one who liked the sound of my Manta and sold it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Good outcome then.

Out of interest, was the XForce you got the 2 1/4" one?

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
There is no right or wrong answer as far as setup or brand is concerned.

People looking to buy one should attend a cruise or two where they can chat with owners and actually see/hear the different products in the market. Ride along in one of the cars to get a feel for it.

Unless your looking for every last kw and are even able to feel it as you drive to Woolies to get your groceries, the performance differences between them are marginal.

So have a listen, work out what you determine as value for money and buy one.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
im going to defend xforce since my manta on my SV6 sounded horrible after it broke

I agree with abba, you were the unfortunate 1/100 case :(

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
I've also been looking for a "2.5" catback for a couple of months just looks through Utube and am still not sold on xforce on my ssv. I have actually been looking more into a custom exhaust system from Sureflo