Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhausted!!

simmyz1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III V8 UTE
hi all, new to this one as i just got me a VS 111 99 ute and am a mechanic by trade so i hope i can help ya'll out in the future... i am wondering, with all the VS wisdom out there, which is the best exhaust to fit to the ute?, i have searched egay for systems and have asked all the local shops and there are too many differing opinions- all i want to know is, is a 2 1/2" single with headers and hi flow cat better than the same in a 3", i would like to go the twin 2 1/2" with hiflow cats and headers but am limited by budget, i would think the 3" would be better?....any help please!!

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
ive heard the single 3in is a deeper gruntier note than the twin 2.5in but ive never heard the single 3in, but my old 5ltr had a twin 2.5in with twin hotdogs and i loved the sound of it :-D

Kruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dumped IRS VS Acclaim 3.8, VR Stato Caprice 5.0
either go a twin 2.5" or a single 3" from cat back...

extractors, hi-flow cats, then a twin 2.75" system to a single 3" after the diff is a good soundin system also..

look around maybe 500 to 1000 for a good start system...
2000 for a good one..

do mytrick, get a pair of BA ford cat-converters, and make ur own...simple, yet effective, as the BA has a 2.5" from the factory...

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
3 inch will drain power and give it more of a wet fart sound where as 2 1/2 will have a nice crisp note

simmyz1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III V8 UTE
thanks boys, think i'm headin in the right direction..am goin to see a mate at repco today and see what a lukey system will set me back, any opinions on the old lukey?, by the way this is a very cool site for this sort of thing and i wish i had bought the vs a long time ago, the old HX i tunna sure was holdin me back, there's so much you can do to the 304 i will be in the shed forever!!