Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhausts - 5.7L

Scolss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
hey guys,

i have a vx ss (auto) and i have just had a full di fillipo system fitted. Extractors and 2 1/2 inch tiwn cat back. I had the cats opened up as well. It sounds awesome but doesnt have the drone normallly associated with an auto. I shopped around heaps and went to a few specialty performance places that mainly do ls1's and they all said save the money and go with the di fillipo system. i am glad i did as it sounds and goes fantastic!

Cheers

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Also if you don't have CAI go the MCAI.. it add's to the wonderful v8 grunty sound.. ;P

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
Scolss said:
hey guys,

i have a vx ss (auto) and i have just had a full di fillipo system fitted. Extractors and 2 1/2 inch tiwn cat back. I had the cats opened up as well. It sounds awesome but doesnt have the drone normallly associated with an auto. I shopped around heaps and went to a few specialty performance places that mainly do ls1's and they all said save the money and go with the di fillipo system. i am glad i did as it sounds and goes fantastic!

Cheers
But how much did it Cost ?

highlander_69r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE
according to this piece of paper i git it as follows
1 3/4 4 into1 headers 895
hi flow cats 345 each
twin 2.5 inch system (mild) 745 or stainless 1395

or u got the big boy setup
1 7/8 headers 945
3" cats 425 each
twin 3 " 1800

pretty pricey

Scolss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
I got a pretty good price. I shopped around a bit and i managed to get it for $1800. but that was through a friend of a friend. Normal cost would be about $2500. Well worth it though. I went for the MCAI as well. Although with those 2 mods and a BMC air filter i seem to be getting worse fuel economy than before. initially i thought it might have been coz i was a bit heavier with my right foot but have backed off a bit and it is still worse

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
Scolss said:
I got a pretty good price. I shopped around a bit and i managed to get it for $1800. but that was through a friend of a friend. Normal cost would be about $2500. Well worth it though. I went for the MCAI as well. Although with those 2 mods and a BMC air filter i seem to be getting worse fuel economy than before. initially i thought it might have been coz i was a bit heavier with my right foot but have backed off a bit and it is still worse

now it's time to get the edit done, more power & better fuel economy :thumbsup:

jaskel

Hoon Squad, Member No 1
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Calais 5.7L LS1
I have a full VY R8 HSV exhaust incl headers...and if you remove the rear muffler you will get an awsome V8 sound ;)

lots of 2nd hand HSV exhausts out there cheap...like 4/500 for a full Stainles incl headers.

1fasttruck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx clubbie
DazVYSS said:
I have a VYSS with cat back only Xforce system twin 2.5" no resinator and it sounds sweet as good as my old VPSS pacey's are the best extractors for the ls1 but you wont feel much of a performance gain unless you get an edit done.

I have the same xforce cat back on a vx clubbie, sounds great with not much drone.
Best $400 I ever spent;)

D

DeacoN-FrosT

On my Vy2 SS ute i just bought. I got twin 2'5'' stainless straight through with a set of pacemakers extractors, sounds so beast, just starting it up and idling best note i've heard on any ss ive seen :~!