Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust's

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hey, im in the market for a new exhaust... Being a dirtbike rider all my life and never interested in car's when i was a kid i know nothing about car's... So what do you think of this exhaust http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Commodore-VL...ryZ50140QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Good price???
Also what are the pro's and con's on the straight thru tail pipe exhaust and the rear muffler exhaust? What's better etc etc?
I will eventually get extractor's aswell but right now im on a tight budget.

Thankyou.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
it is said that 2.5 inch is too big for a NA engine and will cause you to lose power as there isnt enough back presure, and it is to small for a turbo motor.

i have 2 1/4 straght though with no rear muffler(resinator) and it sounds fair good, but it could be part to do with extractos and high flow cat.

if you dont like the drone sound i would recomend a hotdog at the rear in place of the resinator or you will have to put up with a drone when sitting at 110kmh, but if you are not that phased by it or dont highway alot then you will most likly not hear the drone and no resinator should be fine

i payed 200 for my cat back system fitted and its fine, might not be a big top shelf brand but its fine and is good enough for what i need it for

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
for that cost, you could get the same system and get extractors fitted down at your local exhaust shop.

shop around, you'd be surprised.

I got a 2.1/2 inch manderel bent system and extractors fitted for $500 so it shouldn't be too hard to find

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I payed $700 for my cat back system..lol

But is it 3" with 2 mufflers.

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Ok, thank's for your imput guy's :thumbsup:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
it is said that 2.5 inch is too big for a NA engine and will cause you to lose power as there isnt enough back presure, and it is to small for a turbo motor.

i have 2 1/4 straght though with no rear muffler(resinator) and it sounds fair good, but it could be part to do with extractos and high flow cat.

if you dont like the drone sound i would recomend a hotdog at the rear in place of the resinator or you will have to put up with a drone when sitting at 110kmh, but if you are not that phased by it or dont highway alot then you will most likly not hear the drone and no resinator should be fine

i payed 200 for my cat back system fitted and its fine, might not be a big top shelf brand but its fine and is good enough for what i need it for
I've got a 2.5 on mine and it goes + sounds fine.

Got the extractors for approx $5 (bought a car for $300 to take parts off and they were on it) and then bought a sprots system for $50 with a cannon, drove it like that for a year, then about 2 months ago got around to changing it to a dump tip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bXNdhAF7g

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
That guy does good prices on 3" systems, if its who I think it is. I asked the local shop to do me an exhaust and they want a measly 950 dollars for 3" with custom dump hiflow cat, muffler and tip. I'm having no luck through the other way that I was going to get it.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
That guy does good prices on 3" systems, if its who I think it is. I asked the local shop to do me an exhaust and they want a measly 950 dollars for 3" with custom dump hiflow cat, muffler and tip. I'm having no luck through the other way that I was going to get it.

Thats a pretty good price.