Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhuast question

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey everyone

now ive alrdy got pacemakers to a 2.5 cat back with a muffler and a hot dog at the end

in a few weeks ill be taking it to get a highflow cat and the hot dog deleted with a straight pipe out to the tip

same set up as this, but on a ute

YouTube - VR commodore Exhaust note.... 2.5in system

my mates done same thing to his vs and it sounds very simliar to that and its hot

just wondering if having just a High flow cat and one muffler is legal?

cheers

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
technically no, it wouldn't be legal because you would have less mufflers than are fitted standard.
but then i really doubt anyone is going to get your for it, especially in qld. as long as it's not overly loud you'd be right.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ahh kk cus another mate just got a cat back done cus his standard one rusted out, and i looked under all he has got is the cat and one muffler, the exhuast shop is well known and didnt mention anything to him about it so mustn be a big prob its not overly loud either just real defined

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
thanks mate id like mine to sound the same as the vid in my first post he used a redback muffler so i might go same way also

as ive alrdy got the 2.5 system can exhuast shops just cut the hot dog off and replace with straight pipe and cut the muffler out and put new one in? i know they can do the cat easy surely they cud just cut old muffler out and weld new one in

thanks again