Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
haha, yeh thats pretty much what a venturi is, a big pipe thats goes slightly smaller and then larger again, As the same amount of air must flow through a smaller space, it is being forced by the turbo so once all the gas is squeezed through the smaller pipe in will then flow faster out the bigger pipe, thats my understanding im probably wrong but i dont care, as i previously said a pipe through the cat will still flow better than the cat. so stop telling me that my ideas wont work, and just can someone tell me what i asked about at first yes?

thankyou!

do you want to live a blinded life, just going with what you think is right all the time. wont learn anything this way.

since the car wont see the road much anyway, and the exhaust is going to be illegal, just go no cat at all, makes more sense than gutting a smaller cat. chances are, if you're gonna get stung, you'll get stung for more than jsut an exhaust.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL
Na im open to critisism and people telling my im wrong, so whats that u telling me im wrong? haha when i say i dont care, i mean if u say im stupid im not goin to get all riled up and defend to the death!

So u recon just put pipe there no cat cos i guess defect is a defect no matter whether its for that or for something else, its bound to happen...

Still needing help on places that will either make this for me in SA, Or where i can buy the piping to do it myself?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
yes but as the WIKI states..

It is the two-stroke equivalent of the tuned pipes (or headers) used on four-stroke cycle engines

Yeah but they are heaps cheaper, so instead of spending $600 on headers you can just make your own expansion chamber for like $40 bucks. You need to make them twice as big tho, cos there are twice as many strokes. It's true, my mates grandad bought a cat of this dude who used to work for VW back in the 40's and he was telling him about it. Legit.

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL
i dont drive a VW so this is no help to haha.. I just want a exhuast for my VL!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Aslong as your happy with the $25000 EPA fine for not running a cat, by all means...

$300 cat that would make you lose 5kw's...

-OR-

$25000

I'll play the thinking music for you ;)

Just because your a 1st year apprentice doesnt mean you have to be a 1st year dumbshit..

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL
Its only illegal if u get caught! lol (ONLY A JOKE)
Remembering i drive a VL... A VL... Everything u do on them is cop attraction!

Oh and its gonna have a screamer pipe when i upgrade my engine so theres another 25 thou fine so im up to 50 thou haha...

That cat idea is seeming to be a good idea though, may aswell check up on ebay whats the harm..

No one really helped me here, but thanks for taking the time to play me some nice music banks ;)

Daman

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Its only illegal if u get caught! lol (ONLY A JOKE)
Remembering i drive a VL... A VL... Everything u do on them is cop attraction!

Oh and its gonna have a screamer pipe when i upgrade my engine so theres another 25 thou fine so im up to 50 thou haha...

That cat idea is seeming to be a good idea though, may aswell check up on ebay whats the harm..

No one really helped me here, but thanks for taking the time to play me some nice music banks ;)

Daman

why waste money on a cat if you're gonna run a screamer???

the mind boggles

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
why waste money on a cat if you're gonna run a screamer???

the mind boggles

maybe theyve just gone onto calaisturbo forums, seen a heap of keywords commonly used, and just saying "i want that and that and that"