Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL
Yeh there are alot of key words and all i wanted was a little info but seeing as though not a single person really wanted to help i didnt get any...

seems like none of u know what i wanna know so u kinda all wasted your own time being annoying..

But ah well..

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
you should probably search the VL section for more help on how you want to setup the car properly

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I wasn't helpful?... :(

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
if you want piping in sa, ask in the sa section as more sa people would see and have a clue compaired too the whole of jc on here

are you south or north as i know a place where you can get mandrel bends from, down lonsdale area

as for your exhaust thoughts, give up why your ahead
you want too squeeze everything out of $1 by the sound of it, hit the search and have a browse through the vl section and learn how to get the best out off your car
most exhaust shop will do any work, ive been on the market for a 3" for my car and most places wont turn work down

also a vl does not attract attention in sa, its your driving style or attitude that lands you problems,
ive never been pulled over in the 5 years of driving ive been doing, my vl was low loud and had big rims, same with the vs

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
as you have experienced, we are of the few that dont condone pure stupidity and knowingly breaking the law. from some of the comments you have made, you will do what you want without even considering any legal ramifications. You start your thread with...
OK well as i said in my other post i just picked up a turbo kit for my vl, I wanna eventually go the totally illegal 3" straight through piping exhuast, no mufflers and a pipe through my cat (so when i do drive it on the road it looks legal) I dont care about legality's as it won't be driven much on the road

if your car was purely strip, you would have had more helpful replies, but with the comments and your replies, we just head in circles because u dont want to listen or learn

is it too hard to go legal? the money you spend 'working around' the cat, just bolt in a hi-flow cat.. they really arent that expensive, and wont restrict ur stock psi, n stock turbo.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
**** exhausts. They are for pussies. Just bolt a set of extractors on with nothing else. Run it straight off the extractors ;) Actually, **** extractors too, they are for girls, just let the exhaust flow straight out of the block. No headers, no exhaust :thumbsup:

Good ****! I did it on the VL i drove in my nightmare last night. Kappa, Dolce & Gabana and Everlast all offered me jobs after they heard my nightmare VL, i was just that hectic.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
**** exhausts. They are for pussies. Just bolt a set of extractors on with nothing else. Run it straight off the extractors ;) Actually, **** extractors too, they are for girls, just let the exhaust flow straight out of the block. No headers, no exhaust :thumbsup:

Good ****! I did it on the VL i drove in my nightmare last night. Kappa, Dolce & Gabana and Everlast all offered me jobs after they heard my nightmare VL, i was just that hectic.

f*ckin lol:yeah:

JBoags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Driving without and exhaust fitted.

On subject of exhaust. I took my exhaust off, engine side of cat convert, to get a hot dog and a high flow cat put in it has been in he shop longer than i thought. It wouldnt be harming my engine driving around with out an exhaust on would it??

Any1 know the fines if i get caught? in n.s.w. Cheers

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
it wont harm ur engine, but u will cop a nice fine if epa gets your, or if your dobbed in.. she'll be loud as **** and someone will complain.
epa i think is max 50,000

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
On subject of exhaust. I took my exhaust off, engine side of cat convert, to get a hot dog and a high flow cat put in it has been in he shop longer than i thought. It wouldnt be harming my engine driving around with out an exhaust on would it??

Any1 know the fines if i get caught? in n.s.w. Cheers

Wtf? You are driving your car around with just headers and nothing else? A hot dog and a stuff around with my exhaust and a set of polished twin tips took about 40 minutes on my car.

How long have they had your car?