Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL

as you have experienced, we are of the few that dont condone pure stupidity and knowingly breaking the law. from some of the comments you have made, you will do what you want without even considering any legal ramifications
That is pretty much calling me a "HOON" Right there

and I also understand all that was stated above, and the reason i was getting so worked up is because it was all irrelevant to what i needed/ wanted to know.. Why bother with all the other information if i did not ask for it, I know all about the risk's of defects and other fine, but still the people commenting continued to tell me these things, now if i was the kind of person who you all seemed to think broke the law, did only illegal and dodgey things then why would you bother telling me all of this? Would it not be better for all of you to not tell me and let me get the defect to keep me off the road?

This is what i dont understand and why i got so worked up..

To quote nearly every mother on earth - If you don't have anything nice dont say anything at all. haha... So why bother?

This is all im saying

Oh and whoever it was that laughed at forum manners, sorry i made that spelling error im sure you in your perfect wisdom have never made one in your life.. But whats the difference whether your speaking to someone over the net or in person? I can tell you the difference your all tough when your behind you keyboard you will only have ignorant and rude things to say, but when people are in person they tend to keep things to them selves a little more.. So this is why i said forum manner's why is it so hard to not be so rude about everything?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
as you have experienced, we are of the few that dont condone pure stupidity and knowingly breaking the law. from some of the comments you have made, you will do what you want without even considering any legal ramifications
That is pretty much calling me a "HOON" Right there

no its not, no where in this thread has there been anything in regards to 'hoon' behaviour. if anything my quoted passage says about you; is your total disrespect for the law, unwillingness to learn, do the right thing and accept the advice given.

and I also understand all that was stated above, and the reason i was getting so worked up is because it was all irrelevant to what i needed/ wanted to know.. Why bother with all the other information if i did not ask for it, I know all about the risk's of defects and other fine, but still the people commenting continued to tell me these things, now if i was the kind of person who you all seemed to think broke the law, did only illegal and dodgey things then why would you bother telling me all of this? Would it not be better for all of you to not tell me and let me get the defect to keep me off the road?

you did ask for it, you asked about removing your cat because you dont want to loose any power. you where told how to and any legal ramifications also. Remember this is a public forum, and your not the only one reading this, as you said, how do ppl learn when they first start out? you research some options, ask lots of questions which in this case includes the legal side and listen to the advice given, then research what you have been told some more. The last thing you want to say to a cop is; "office its totally legal to bypass the cat, my mate told me its fine and will give me more power." Your a first year apprentice, if you do it properly, you do it once, and you save a shitload of cash in the long run.

re-read your posts then look at it from our side. we are here to help.