Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhust help

R

reaper115

hey guys i was wondering if a 2 and a half inch will sound better than a 2 and a querter cannon exhust

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
it would sound the same, very untellable to the ear
NOTE: 2.5" zorst is to big for a NA vl 6 and to small for a turbo vl
where a 2.25" is the right size for the na vl 6

and as for cannon zorst what do you mean?

i have extractrs, 2.25" cat back (straght thought with no rear muffler) and it pursssssss, nice tone to it and not overly 2 loud, (i cant really tell thought, as ive neva herd my car drive by me)
just remba i got a vid of it, and it dose sound nice
if u wanna know what it sounds like just add me 2 yah msn

R

reaper115

thanks man um a cannon is the ones you see on the skylines and jap cars the big round things at the back

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
not worth it as you will lose back pressure in the zorst system and loss of power is what will happen, i had a cannon and losing it was the best thing i did:thumbsup:

R

reaper115

ow thanks man do you have any ideas to how i could by other things to give it a bit more power

R

reaper115

and also do you think putting a 2.5 on it would my vl loose power

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well, for more power depends how far your wallett opens, if not wide enuf, then cat back zorst(2.25), Cold Air Intake if your willing to do it, good service of the car, advanceing of time to 22degrees BUT must runn it on Premium Unleaded Petrol (PULP) to stop pinging
if your wallett is opening more then that then you can get extras like extractors, highflow cat, K&N panel filter(recomended for the CAI), new bigger high tension leads (8mm or 9mm but not sure bout 9's) and if yop got the money then you could get a factory turbo set up for about 2 grand

JUST REMBER IF U WANT TO GO FAST YOU GOT TO STOP FASTER, SO UPGRADE THE BRAKES AND SUSPENSION.....

R

reaper115

is a lukey exhaust and a sports exhaust the same thing or different

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
If you run the stock CAT and both resonator and muffler it will not lose too much back pressure. I have a 2&1/2 catback with pacemakers up front and its great when you get up it. Sounds great too. Change your airfilter too, will help it breath in and out better also take the snorkel off the airbox and make the sqaure hole the length of the box. Dunno about with the cannon tho they are a high flow muffler so 2&1/2 might be losing back pressure with it on.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Lukey is just a brand of sports exhaust like Redback or Defilipo.