Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhust help

Discussion in 'VL Holden Commodore (1986 - 1988)' started by reaper115, Jul 21, 2006.

1. reaper115

reaper115 Guest

hey guys i was wondering if a 2 and a half inch will sound better than a 2 and a querter cannon exhust

2. VL Berlina 5speed

VL Berlina 5speed Apprentice Panel Pusher

Members Ride:
    Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
    it would sound the same, very untellable to the ear
    NOTE: 2.5" zorst is to big for a NA vl 6 and to small for a turbo vl
    where a 2.25" is the right size for the na vl 6

and as for cannon zorst what do you mean?

i have extractrs, 2.25" cat back (straght thought with no rear muffler) and it pursssssss, nice tone to it and not overly 2 loud, (i cant really tell thought, as ive neva herd my car drive by me)
    just remba i got a vid of it, and it dose sound nice
    if u wanna know what it sounds like just add me 2 yah msn

3. reaper115

reaper115 Guest

thanks man um a cannon is the ones you see on the skylines and jap cars the big round things at the back

4. VL Berlina 5speed

Members Ride:
    not worth it as you will lose back pressure in the zorst system and loss of power is what will happen, i had a cannon and losing it was the best thing i did:thumbsup:

5. reaper115

reaper115 Guest

ow thanks man do you have any ideas to how i could by other things to give it a bit more power

6. reaper115

reaper115 Guest

and also do you think putting a 2.5 on it would my vl loose power

7. VL Berlina 5speed

Members Ride:
    well, for more power depends how far your wallett opens, if not wide enuf, then cat back zorst(2.25), Cold Air Intake if your willing to do it, good service of the car, advanceing of time to 22degrees BUT must runn it on Premium Unleaded Petrol (PULP) to stop pinging
    if your wallett is opening more then that then you can get extras like extractors, highflow cat, K&N panel filter(recomended for the CAI), new bigger high tension leads (8mm or 9mm but not sure bout 9's) and if yop got the money then you could get a factory turbo set up for about 2 grand

JUST REMBER IF U WANT TO GO FAST YOU GOT TO STOP FASTER, SO UPGRADE THE BRAKES AND SUSPENSION.....

8. reaper115

reaper115 Guest

is a lukey exhaust and a sports exhaust the same thing or different

9. ucwepn

ucwepn America just kicked in yo

Members Ride:
    WH statesman 5.7
    If you run the stock CAT and both resonator and muffler it will not lose too much back pressure. I have a 2&1/2 catback with pacemakers up front and its great when you get up it. Sounds great too. Change your airfilter too, will help it breath in and out better also take the snorkel off the airbox and make the sqaure hole the length of the box. Dunno about with the cannon tho they are a high flow muffler so 2&1/2 might be losing back pressure with it on.

10. ucwepn

ucwepn America just kicked in yo

Members Ride:
    WH statesman 5.7
    Lukey is just a brand of sports exhaust like Redback or Defilipo.

11. Stewart1000

Stewart1000 work done by ME

Members Ride:
    VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
    loose the cannon mate, like everyone before me says, it wont do any good for your back pressure, which would be good if you were always doing massive amounts of revs like 5k but your not on the track, it uses more fuel just driving around on the street, and it doesn't do much good the the scavenging of the exhaust out of the bore, only way to combat that is to possibly use a non straight through front muffler on the front and then have the cannon which to me is pretty stupid. i have a 2.5" with straight through front muffler and no rear, from lukey and it droans a bit so i want to add a hotdog, which should take out the drone and hopefully quieten it down a bit i also have extractors which is like your exhaust manifold but longer and bigger ID for better flow.