Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Expensive bling for your supercharged VF

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline -- VX2 Calais LS1 A4
Hi everyone. I have a quote from the guy in the US that makes these badges - turns out they are farkin expensive, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone wanted one. Billet aluminum, CNC machined, triple chrome plated and ceramic coated. They are $475 (aussie dollarydoos) each (!) landed to me, plus postage to you. I am still deciding if I want one that bad, but if you do, let me know and we can combine an order or I can send you the quote to do your own.

tHgBsMw.jpg

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Did you ask him how much without the rest of the car attached?....:eek:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi everyone. I have a quote from the guy in the US that makes these badges - turns out they are farkin expensive, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone wanted one. Billet aluminum, CNC machined, triple chrome plated and ceramic coated. They are $475 (aussie dollarydoos) each (!) landed to me, plus postage to you. I am still deciding if I want one that bad, but if you do, let me know and we can combine an order or I can send you the quote to do your own.

tHgBsMw.jpg
I think you forgot the decimal point l.o_O

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A tad seriously, the guy’s costs are all in the setup, materials SFA. Probably makes them to order.
Mebbe if yooze guise could put together a group buy you could get them DRASTICALLY cheaper?
Like if the guy makes a profit at $475 for one, he probably makes more profit at $50 each for 10 ...
Just a thought. ‘Cos I do think they look pretty Smurfy.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Isn't that a VE badge not VF?

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
A tad seriously, the guy’s costs are all in the setup, materials SFA. Probably makes them to order.
Mebbe if yooze guise could put together a group buy you could get them DRASTICALLY cheaper?
Like if the guy makes a profit at $475 for one, he probably makes more profit at $50 each for 10 ...
Just a thought. ‘Cos I do think they look pretty Smurfy.
Well, no such luck - $475 was the price quoted each, for an order of 10 (they gave a 5% discount). See below:

(Quantity 10) 3/16" custom, 1.5 x Proportional width full custom Billet Badges with < Series II; Supercharged (V series) > design, polished chrome plating with gloss black and red paint fill - $2,250.00 ($225/each)

Large Quantity Discount (5%) - ($112.00)

Triple Chrome Plating - $500.00 ($50/each)

Unique One Time 3-D Design and Programming Fee (waived/ re-order)

Terra Shield Ceramic Coating - $150.00 ($15/each)

Shipping & Handling - $45.00

Total - $2,833.00 USD

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Isn't that a VE badge not VF?
I think it's based on a Caprice or Calais VF2 badge, but the red background was black originally (unless that was different for differnt model years). Font looks good though.

Oh - here's one off eBay:

s-l300.jpg

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Nothing like a rare, pricey and flossy piece of bling to tempt fly-by thieves prising it off and adding it to an already thriving black market in flitched car badge work (Holden, BMW, Lexus, among others). Just too easy to slipper off with a 20cm length of fishing line, and it's gone. Then what do you do??

The badge appears to trigger a memory of something similiar, if not the same, that has appeared on early VE Commodore (?).

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think it's based on a Caprice or Calais VF2 badge, but the red background was black originally (unless that was different for differnt model years). Font looks good though.

Oh - here's one off eBay:

s-l300.jpg
These with red background were VF2 SS V Redline badges - they moved the V off the SS badge on the left hand side of the boot.

gr33nbastad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing like a rare, pricey and flossy piece of bling to tempt fly-by thieves prising it off and adding it to an already thriving black market in flitched car badge work (Holden, BMW, Lexus, among others). Just too easy to slipper off with a 20cm length of fishing line, and it's gone. Then what do you do??

The badge appears to trigger a memory of something similiar, if not the same, that has appeared on early VE Commodore (?).
True, but - pro: you would never notice unless you looked really close. Con - no-one will ever know unless they look really close! I think you have helped me decide what to do :)