Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Expensive bling for your supercharged VF

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Nothing like a rare, pricey and flossy piece of bling to tempt fly-by thieves prising it off and adding it to an already thriving black market in flitched car badge work (Holden, BMW, Lexus, among others).
Nobody that behaves like that is going to even notice it's unusual, let alone consider that it cost the owner anything significant.
It certainly has little value on the used market.
Anyone in that frame of mind is way more likely to key the paint, and having this badge there won't affect that!

These with red background were VF2 SS V Redline badges - they moved the V off the SS badge on the left hand side of the boot.
Ah - that makes sense!

It seems a bit strange they moved from "V Series" in the VE's to "SS-V", then back to "SS V-Series" in VF; I'm not saying they didn't do it, it took a while but I finally managed to Google-up a VF2 SSV bootlid badge, it just seems a bit odd they changed their minds. Someone pobably jsut thought it looked a bit flashier. :)

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
B
Nobody that behaves like that is going to even notice it's unusual, let alone consider that it cost the owner anything significant.
It certainly has little value on the used market.
Anyone in that frame of mind is way more likely to key the paint, and having this badge there won't affect that!

'Badging' has the same inherent nuisance value as tagging (graffiti -- both are criminal offences); not so much intrinsic, recognised or assumed, dollar value, but the more that is garnered in the kitty, the bolder it gets, and the better you look in your similarly nefariously-minded mates' eyes -- gang culture! Gangs have operated in Victoria doing this (badging) since the 1990s, concentrating of affluent areas. Monetary value is incidental, a bit like bingo. SIDI badges are frequently pilfered. So too are the Black Edition badges and black front Holden logos. Badges turn up at weekend markets and reconditioned for sale on eBay. But really, putting a $400 badge on a car is not only ludicrous, but tempting fate that will come along. Plenty of things I can do with my smallish-$264,000 a year, but buying grossly overpriced badges to add 20% more power to a car isn't one of them.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
'Badging' has the same inherent nuisance value as tagging (graffiti -- both are criminal offences); not so much intrinsic, recognised or assumed, dollar value, but the more that is garnered in the kitty, the bolder it gets, and the better you look in your similarly nefariously-minded mates' eyes -- gang culture! Gangs have operated in Victoria doing this (badging) since the 1990s, concentrating of affluent areas. Monetary value is incidental, a bit like bingo. SIDI badges are frequently pilfered. So too are the Black Edition badges and black front Holden logos. Badges turn up at weekend markets and reconditioned for sale on eBay. But really, putting a $400 badge on a car is not only ludicrous, but tempting fate that will come along.
You must frequent dodgier places than I or my friends/family/workmates do, along with more of the affluent places that the people from the dodgy places target ... not to mention knowing a lot more than the 0 gang-members that I know. :)

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
As a twelve year old lad, I used to collect car badges. The rarer they were the quicker they came off the car! So.......go figure.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
B

'Badging' has the same inherent nuisance value as tagging (graffiti -- both are criminal offences); not so much intrinsic, recognised or assumed, dollar value, but the more that is garnered in the kitty, the bolder it gets, and the better you look in your similarly nefariously-minded mates' eyes -- gang culture! Gangs have operated in Victoria doing this (badging) since the 1990s, concentrating of affluent areas. Monetary value is incidental, a bit like bingo. SIDI badges are frequently pilfered. So too are the Black Edition badges and black front Holden logos. Badges turn up at weekend markets and reconditioned for sale on eBay. But really, putting a $400 badge on a car is not only ludicrous, but tempting fate that will come along. Plenty of things I can do with my smallish-$264,000 a year, but buying grossly overpriced badges to add 20% more power to a car isn't one of them.
Humble bragging to people on the internet about your grossly overpaid salary during a pandemic.... priceless.