Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Experience with non-genuine parts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It’s genuinely made in China.
That's where some of the VE OEM parts are from. I noticed when I bought two OEM SSV pedal pads the packets said made in China..... When I saw that I felt $36 each was too much.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
That's where some of the VE OEM parts are from. I noticed when I bought two OEM SSV pedal pads the packets said made in China..... When I saw that I felt $36 each was too much.
Most of the basic OEM parts are made in China. The hub caps, belt moulds, windscreen moulds, fuel cap release and boot release I’ve bought for the SSV have been made in China.

I note that the accelerator pedal is made in Germany though probably because it’s a critical item and can be dangerous if it fails or isn’t made properly.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Most of the basic OEM parts are made in China. The hub caps, belt moulds, windscreen moulds, fuel cap release and boot release I’ve bought for the SSV have been made in China.

I note that the accelerator pedal is made in Germany though probably because it’s a critical item and can be dangerous if it fails or isn’t made properly.
Well they shouldn't be $36 each in that case.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Water pumps you want genuine. GMB, Gates etc are well known junk.
Gates water pump. Yeah, I put one on my VX V6. Lasted 11 months, then leaked out the drain hole. Got it from Supa Cheap. They refunded my money and I went genuine. No further problem (although the engine runs hotter??).
The original pump lasted over 300,000 k's.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Radiator hoses. Original set went for 250,000 k's. One failed (the one from the engine to heater tap). I decided because it failed, I'd replace the lot.
Got a set from Supercheap (Australian brand). Next day the new heater hose failed (not the same as the first one that failed.) Luckily I still had the old set in the boot.
Fitted the old hose and all good. So I went to Holden and bought a complete set. Cheaper than the set from Supa Cheap!
Now 100,000 k's later, all still good.

Crank Angle sensor... Original developed the usual heat-sensitive "warnings" then failed. A splash of water got me home. I bought an ebay one.
Fitted it all ok, but if I revved it out in first (ie, kickdown at 40 k's) the engine would miss, then die. Restart and it was ok. I then decided I'd go to Repco and get a guaranteed one. Got it home, opened the sealed box... Same brand as the ebay one! I fitted that one, and scoped it's output. The output wasn't correct (cant remember what was wrong, it was a while ago). So I bought a Holden one. All good. Output as per specks.
No more problems at all (well, about 35000 k's so far and if I rev it out in first it just goes).

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Is it genuine...lol
all of these were available at big box retailers etc. Genuinely licenced HSV/Holden happy to take money from just about anyone to slap the logo on stuff. Big W still has HSV/Holden items pop up like trackies & T shirts etc....

I bought 2 big Holden logo'd duffle bags from SCA 2yrs ago, and every time someone sees them they want to offer me money for them thinking they are vintage based on the logo. Nope, just Holdens & SCA cashing in on bogans like me :D

Actually I just found the same bag on catch for <$30, might buy some extras & tell people I will sell them for $100 when they ask next :D