Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Experience with non-genuine parts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I've dealt with Sprints and they were pretty good. They tended to look after me on price too where they could. We only have the national franchises here plus a few independent stores. I deal with one independent store a bit as he is generally cheaper on parts, they just don't stock anything electrical.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Do you strike, upper management haven't gone through the ranks of a particular business to know how it actually operates? They just sit behind a desk, see something hasn't moved for a while and then jump up and down like lube hasn't been used?

Honestly that's how it appears with your workplace and your immediate supervisor has and knows how things actually work in the real world.....Not just by looking at a computer
My immediate superior didn’t work at the coal face but I bought a lot of good ideas to the table and wrestled the computer system into submission when no one else in the company really knew how it operated. He trusts my judgment as I’ve put in the hard yards.

In my experience part of the problem comes from purchasing as well as most of them don’t take it seriously and to them it’s just ordering widgets that they have no idea about. I started in the warehouse and done product assembly so I actually know what every part number does and what is essential to have and what can be substituted for something else.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
My immediate superior didn’t work at the coal face but I bought a lot of good ideas to the table and wrestled the computer system into submission when no one else in the company really knew how it operated. He trusts my judgment as I’ve put in the hard yards.

In my experience part of the problem comes from purchasing as well as most of them don’t take it seriously and to them it’s just ordering widgets that they have no idea about. I started in the warehouse and done product assembly so I actually know what every part number does and what is essential to have and what can be substituted for something else.
I'm interested to know what field this is in.
As my last job (of 12 years) was parts and accessories for Harley-Davidson, so on the coal face, procurement and trying to predict the future of what everyone needs overnight at least 2-3 weeks before they need it.
And of course trying to move on the incorrect predictions that haven't done anything for 12+ months.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I'm interested to know what field this is in.
As my last job (of 12 years) was parts and accessories for Harley-Davidson, so on the coal face, procurement and trying to predict the future of what everyone needs overnight at least 2-3 weeks before they need it.
And of course trying to move on the incorrect predictions that haven't done anything for 12+ months.
High voltage cable joints and terminations. I had to order everything 16 weeks in advance before covid hit, now its more like 20-25 weeks in advance at least.

It’s always difficult even at the best of times to make sure you’ve got the right stock on the ground. I always try to make sure I’ve got regular drops coming in every month so even if I don’t have 100% of demand in a given month I’ll have another drop in a months time to trickle feed into the demand.

In my business it’s important not to overreact as a lot of the demand is lumpy because of major projects that won’t be repeated so if someone orders 100 of a particular SKU you might turn around and order replacement stock over a 4 month period at 25 extra per month.

That way if demand drops off over the next couple of months you can just not order the remaining 25 per month drops moving forward which leaves you with less stock overhang moving forward than if you just turned around and ordered the 100 straight up.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Is this a genuine or non genuine item?...

Attachments

• watch1.jpg
    watch1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 77
  • watch2.jpg
    watch2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 79

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
It was given to me by a friend,it is unused and I have its case with padding , Im told he was given it by a fleet buyer who was given it by the dealership..... many years ago.... I like it.... NFS.. Im thinking its genuine.... someone else on the site might be able to affirm this...maybe they gave them away with new cars to buyers?

Last edited: