Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EXPERTS QUESTION: VZ Monaro, the boot is jammed, Fuel tank mounted behind rear seats & no keyhole

MattMonaroV2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
This is a question that maybe even the most experienced Holden owners here may not be able to work out:
A Quality Monaro VZ CV8Z (2005) with an immaculate Turismo Blue Paint Job is stopped on the side of the highway and the most gorgeous girl jumps out of the drivers seat quickly as if she was about to do a 'I'm in a panic don't drive past' type of flag you down - but luckily, you were pulling over anyway (nice call)... you see her smile as she realises that and her smile gets a whole heap wider as you can tell she's looking straight into your eyes.
The only thing you can think of is how much you wish you can fix this car for her and maybe even get her number or be able to have a cold beer with her down at your local... a girl this hot would have your mates still patting you on the back in a month or two.
As you get out of your car you notice that she hasn't even got the bonnet up yet but seems really happy you're there to help... youre just praying it's something you know how to fix yourself because this kinda girl doesnt normally say boo to you, let alone be excited to see you and so very appreciative of you sparing a little time for her and her showroom quality muscle car.
As you begin to walk towards her and her car you ask "what's wrong with your car?" "amazing looking car by the way"
She thanks you for the compliment as she gives you a big hug, almost jumping on you she says "aww thank you so so much for pulling over!! I thought I was going to be stuck here all day!"
"Oh I love this car more than anything in the world, I couldn't bare to see a scratch on it, thank you again for helping I just know you'll be able to get me going again I just know it!"
You can't help but smile, it's even hard to think of a word to say, she's simply outstanding and you wouldn't have expected this in a hundred years of working roadside assistance let alone just a simple gesture of pulling over for a nice car on a hot day... all you can manage to say is "what's wrong with it?"
"Awww I feel so stupid and just can't stand dumb people normally but I have done the most stupid dumb thing ever! You're gonna laugh when I tell you but I pulled over to get my nice clothes out of the boot because I have a job interview in half an hour just down the road. But guess what stupid me did? I had my keys in my hand to hit the boot release button when I got close to the boot, and then put my keys down in the boot when I grabbed my nice clothes... and as always do, I flicked the boot down as I got my stuff out, walked back to the car and realised 'oh nooo, my keys!"
"Of course I opened the glove box and hit the boot release button but it's not working!! I cannot believe it"
"I can't miss this interview I swear to god, it's paying six figures and I'll move here even though I don't know anyone if I get it.. if I miss it, I may as well head back home now and hate this place forever, I'll be so sad"
"It would mean the world to me if you are so good with cars you could help me pleeease"
Wow, this could be the best thing you ever did if you could work this one out.
Here's the facts, see if you have a suggestion that may work:
- Boot release button is working
- Latch motor works when button pressed
- boot was last closed normally, not forcefully and nothing was in the way or could have jammed it in any way
- Keys are in the boot
- Monaro's have no keyhole in the boot anyway so keys won't help anyway
- the back seats are fixed and cannot fold forward under any circumstance
- there is no access to the emergency release cable from what you can work out
- fuel tank is behind rear seats so nothing can be stuck from the car into the boot to release via emergency release cable
- cannot remove a rear tail light as screws are in the boot
- she would scream if you tried to jimmy the bottom of the boot lid near the bumper with a screw driver because the paint job is so good
- she's in a hurry so you have no time to get home and get and large tools or anything, although you can't think of what use they'll do anyway
- if you can work this out the most outstanding girl you've stood close to in your life is going to love you right now and you will certainly be her best and only friend in town, plus you have a spare room in your new pad and the perfect garage and workshop for a car like this... what an opportunity!!!
But what do you do? How do you get this boot lid open without it taking all day and without damaging her car?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Raise the rear set head rest drivers side, should be a yellow pull ring, pull that, boot open.
I hope you got her address so that you can visit and be a knight in shining armour.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
As been said, pull the yellow cord behind on the rear headrests.

Or try pressing down on the boot while pressing the release button in the glove box

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
You're going to be so bitterly disappointed when you wake up covered in your own mess
Cool story & 10/10 for your imagination

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Rear headrest, pull yellow tab

As for story, da fuk

MattMonaroV2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Raise the rear set head rest drivers side, should be a yellow pull ring, pull that, boot open.
I hope you got her address so that you can visit and be a knight in shining armour.

haha!! thanks FIGJAM - she'd be moving in with you mate! you got it right away, thank you very much and i'm sure to be a regular visitor to your new pad if I can ever get the two of you out of your room!!

MattMonaroV2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Lowandslow - thank you for the tip, and you would be cruising around with this fine as lady before the sun goes down too!!
I also notice you are a fellow Monaro owner - Any mods at all? by the name it sounds like possible Air bags but I can only place the slow part on what the rest of the grid would appear to be... got any pics to share?

MattMonaroV2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
hahaha that's tears Tonner matt, unfortunately it's not the first time and i doubt it will be the last, but nothing wrong with dreaming hey?
This was actually the first ever post I have made on a website in my life so I thought I would take things a little outside the plain vanilla-type post and see how it turned out. Thanks for the kind words :)