Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

External hard drive with Itunes

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
I have bought an external hard drive as both my laptop and PC were getting filled up with pictures and music, so I transfered all my pic and music to the hard drive but Itunes will not play any more, is there a way I can use Itunes from the exteral hard drive.
Any assitance will be great my knowledge about computors is very very limitted.

Cheers for your help in advance

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
When you move all of the files to you're hhd, itunes can't find them because they are now on a new drive... as in you have moved them from say C:\ to E:\... and itunes is still looking in c:\

I have all my music on a portable HDD.

On my computer i basically jsut assigned my HHD a letter so it's always the same. In my case i assigned it as driver Z:\ and then I imported all my music in from there...

Good luck with it mate.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
I have bought an external hard drive as both my laptop and PC were getting filled up with pictures and music, so I transfered all my pic and music to the hard drive but Itunes will not play any more, is there a way I can use Itunes from the exteral hard drive.
Any assitance will be great my knowledge about computors is very very limitted.

Cheers for your help in advance

as Jesterarts said, but delete all your music from itunes and then add all the songs again or you will have a double of everything, half of which wont play

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Thanks guys for your quick response I will have a go in the morning at changing the drives.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ Oh yeah... that too... what SMIT said... :p

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
Or you could go into the Preferences then Advanced Options and choose the directory where you want your files. (Which in this case is your External HDD) then go to File > Library > Consolidate Library and it will move all your music and movies over to your HDD in organized folders.

Hope this helps. :)

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Or you could go into the Preferences then Advanced Options and choose the directory where you want your files. (Which in this case is your External HDD) then go to File > Library > Consolidate Library and it will move all your music and movies over to your HDD in organized folders.

Hope this helps. :)

lol, i HATE orgainised folders..... well how itunes does it anyway