Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

extra horsepower when s/hand

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
My Turn
The original post started off in a strange fashion but then made perfect sense.
I just read through the whole thread and I am amazed at some of the responses that actually prove the original point of the uneducated bias that exists with car owners.
Goes both ways and is idiotic.

As for the ESP XD, just by adding external mods only, they could get into the high 13s.
Take the difference in price between the VH SS Group 3 and the XD and invest that money in extractors and some tuning for the XD and you would have had a car that could beat the VH by a second or more down the quarter (but not round twisty bits) and still have change.
Be realistic everyone the whole point of the original post was about people bagging other cars from a one eyed viewpoint. This is exactly what has happened in this thread. I read through a Ford Forum recently and the exact thing goes on there as well with some of the members. I say get over it, love your Holden, Ford or anything else you own and if you don't like a brand, fine, don't get in a **** fight about it.
All bets are off on raceday though as Holden rule the mountain (I hope).

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Pretender said:
Be realistic everyone the whole point of the original post was about people bagging other cars from a one eyed viewpoint. This is exactly what has happened in this thread.

Well I think the thread maker started off with the one eye'd view... But I can honestly say I have gone from LX Torana to a XD Falcon to a VK Commodore... and I can tell you Ford suspension of that era is **** (even with Pedders red) the design wasn't drastically altered from the late sixties to the early eighties!...and out of those 3 I still prefer the Torana chassis for handling.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
sixshooter said:
Well I think the thread maker started off with the one eye'd view... But I can honestly say I have gone from LX Torana to a XD Falcon to a VK Commodore... and I can tell you Ford suspension of that era is **** (even with Pedders red) the design wasn't drastically altered from the late sixties to the early eighties!...and out of those 3 I still prefer the Torana chassis for handling.

Hi sixshooter
I totally agree, the fords did not like corners at all but in a straight line it didn't matter. This thread is just one long bickering mess.
I read the original post again and it contains a one eyed view in that anyone with a "Piss on Ford or Holden" sticker is a moron, which is not true. The rest of the post is regarding the unnecessary bagging of both Holden and Ford by owners of the opposing brands, nothing more. He states that there are good cars on each side and he can appreciate a good car no matter what badge it has on the boot.

Friendly rivalry is a good thing but it can go a bit too far.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Pretender said:
Hi sixshooter
I totally agree, the fords did not like corners at all but in a straight line it didn't matter. This thread is just one long bickering mess.
I read the original post again and it contains a one eyed view in that anyone with a "Piss on Ford or Holden" sticker is a moron, which is not true. The rest of the post is regarding the unnecessary bagging of both Holden and Ford by owners of the opposing brands, nothing more. He states that there are good cars on each side and he can appreciate a good car no matter what badge it has on the boot.

Friendly rivalry is a good thing but it can go a bit too far.

I can appreciate a build up car no matter what make... I just couldn't stand the way he came in here stiring up ****...what sort of responce did he expect ?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
He's instantly stirring **** just because people can't keep their replies to factual non bias opinions?

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
well **** me, it looks like you guys have been having fun with this thread over the past few weeks............

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah im thinkign the same as the above thread, i just read it all. who cares
i think ford and holden owners and fans should work together and push out the milo parade!

i like holden
i like ford too

ford isnt rice, why do we say, yes i hate rice and then say yes i also hate ford, ford and holden are in the same catagory.