Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

extra horsepower when s/hand

P

phullysik

lets compare the McPherson strut (as used in later VW beetles) to the much more refined double wishbone (ford uses the latter, but take a peak under ur commodore)

P

phullysik

take another look, moron! I never bagged Holdens at all. I actually said they can be awesome muscle cars.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
phullysik said:
In case You can't tell, I like Fords. I have an XT (1968) Falcon that I've already spent seven years building and I ll probably spend a few more years and about another 30 grand to finish. I have also spent a lot of time building friends Holden show-cars with them. We have a professional attitude towards our passion and all realise that be it an old Monaro or an old GT, both Holden and Ford have made some beautiful muscle cars that can be customised to something awe-inspiring.

Every time I hear some half-wit bad-mouthing the other brand (sometimes agressively and often with a lack of any ability to build a serious customised vehicle), I cringe. The differences are minimal. Both are built more to a budget than to a standard, both can perform well with the right work, and both have various competing models with very similar performance when on the track.

By all means love Your Holdens, hopefully You'll turn Your passion into something wild and original on the show scene! Just also display Your knowlede through suitably bagging the next idiot to bag Fords or Holdens blindly.

The first part of that post was just utter rubbish...the second part makes sense to an extent, i appreciate all cars that have had time and effort put into them, however, if they are ford, i still wont like it, if its a ricer, i wont like it. I think people are free to like and dislike what they want without morons liek yourself telling them they are morons. However, i beleive any car enthusiast can APPRECIATE any car for time and effort put into the vehicle

I

Insanesinner

F.O.R.D = Full of real D-heads lol and u proved it by comeing to a commodore forum and trying to preach ford :rofl:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Insanesinner said:
F.O.R.D = Full of real D-heads lol and u proved it by comeing to a commodore forum and trying to preach ford :rofl:
He wasn't preaching ford's, he was stating how idiots cant appreciate any other car except their own

P

phullysik

Insanesinner said:

Actually, You just proved urself a deadhead, mate! Where did I preach Ford? Like a lot of other idiots, You simply read 'Ford' and took things completely out of context. If You read the post again, You'll find I didn't promote one over the other, but rather claimed that they are both capable of being built well.

You and a minority like You have proved urselves to be the morons I was talking about.

I was actually on a site called "Just Commodores" to research some information from someone who might know from experience what they're talking about. We are currently building a wild Commodore and I was looking for inspiration. I certainly found it, with a lot of the guys on this site having a lot of good information and being kind enough to share it. I also found the voice of the moron minority who can't see past a badge and a whole lot of stupid marketting hype.

I

Insanesinner

yes he is cant u see the subliminal messaging. He is trying to convert us from dislikeing fords to likeing them. Which will never happen in this case as i own a holdens piss on fords sticker. :king:

P

phullysik

minux said:
The first part of that post was just utter rubbish...the second part makes sense to an extent, i appreciate all cars that have had time and effort put into them, however, if they are ford, i still wont like it, if its a ricer, i wont like it. I think people are free to like and dislike what they want without morons liek yourself telling them they are morons. However, i beleive any car enthusiast can APPRECIATE any car for time and effort put into the vehicle

Amen. (I actually didn't everyone morons, only those who 'bag' others cars with no real idea.)

I

Insanesinner

I think people are free to like and dislike what they want without morons liek yourself telling them they are morons
There you said it your self. I dont like fords so you are the moron telling me i am a moron because i hate fords

P

phullysik

Insanesinner said:
There you said it your self. I dont like fords so you are the moron telling me i am a moron because i hate fords

There's a big difference between not particularly liking something and hating something. Take a look - there is bugger all difference between a commodore and a falcon. Absolutely bugger all.

To blindly hate something with no real insight is to show stupidity, you moron!