Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extra Menu with car details

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Hi guys,

Im not sure if everyone/anyone knows this but i was told today there is an extra menu on the VY (and i guess the VZ as well).

(note: this isnt the same menu you see when you hold 'mode' and turn the key)......

You hold 'MODE' and 'SET' while turning the ignition

This tells you things like your cars engine temp, feul remaining in L etc etc.
It also tells you your current speed in digital format ;)

Once you get into the menu just use mode to cycle through like normal and stop when you get to the item you want (eg: current speed) then drive and it will stay there.

You have to do this everytime you start your car or else you wont see it.

Im guessing this is different from the police upgrade feature because the reading is rather small (i expected it to be much bigger and clearer than it was) but seeing as i havent had the police features enables i cant tell you. Maybe someone can fill us in.

SimonH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, 6.0 V8
That is so cool!!!
Cheers for that maxy...
it also has some test thing and all the lights come on and the tacho moves up and the speedo and it beeps...

it even has digital tacho!!!
COOL!!

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
;) no problems

i thought some of you guys might like it, i wasnt sure how well know it was, noone seems to mention it but everyone goes on about the digital speedo so i figured hey, why not, this is almost as good.

Its handy to know temps and tests and stuff like that, i dub thee the "Maxy Menu" lmfao

Z

Zoinker

maxy0987 said:
i dub thee the "Maxy Menu" lmfao

lol, nice! makes you wonder why they dont just put this in the standard scroll menu, maby it's just a tease

V

VYII S

maxy0987 said:
Hi guys,

Im not sure if everyone/anyone knows this but i was told today there is an extra menu on the VY (and i guess the VZ as well).

(note: this isnt the same menu you see when you hold 'mode' and turn the key)......

You have to do this everytime you start your car or else you wont see it.

Im guessing this is different from the police upgrade feature because the reading is rather small (i expected it to be much bigger and clearer than it was) but seeing as i havent had the police features enables i cant tell you. Maybe someone can fill us in.

Sorry Maxy, but this is old news,...and has been mentioned previously.
The Police mode is LARGE.

vaertigo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYIISS6m
hrm, cant seem to get this to work...

Is it just a once off that you have to do everytime you start the car? No doubt its better to get get cop mod unlocked during next service..

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I tried this on the SV6 when I first heard and it worked. I tried it on the Adventra (VZ) and it didnt.

But I though tbugger it, I'll try it just then and yes, it worked! :)

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
vaertigo said:
hrm, cant seem to get this to work...

Is it just a once off that you have to do everytime you start the car? No doubt its better to get get cop mod unlocked during next service..

you need to do it everytime you start the car as its not enabling any extras, its just displaying what the car already knows about itself (temp, speed etc)

It is better to get the cop mode activated on your next service if you want it but i thought id just mention it as its pretty cool :)

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
you can even adjust, how you want your doors to unlock and how you want your steereo to operate but there is two different mode styles you can select eg voltage specs and fuel in tank, or the other option, as far as i new it works on all cars, even base models.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I had never actually thought to give this a try before reading this.

You sure do get some nice little read outs included that's for sure.

The 'trouble code' I am thinking is the same as putting the paper clip in the VN - VS?