Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EXTRA NOISE

ste-vx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
I hear a funny noise when I accelerate that is NOT coming from the engine because it's not revving up or down nor from the road. The noise only occur when I press the acceleration harder at any speeds and it stays the same regardless what speed or rev I have. Has anyone experience anything similar? What to do?

VX II 285,000 kms owner

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
What kind of noise a rattle a hum a scraping a ticking maybe make a video and upload it from you tube could be lots of things ..

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
If you look in the rear view mirror when the funny noise occurs you will also see some flashing blue lights. :eek:
Probably best at this point to stop the car before you do any further damage.;)
But seriously, just take the Adele CD out of the head unit. Problem solved. :D

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
ah yes the infamous "noise"

dude, try and be more descriptive please.

ste-vx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
Yep, so it's like a humming kind of a noise that once is there stays there for as long as the hard acceleration is on, permanently, something like: "hushhhhhhhhhh" and it activates when I press the acceleration more. Not a rattle, not ticking noise, nothing super loud. If I accelerate lightly there's no such noise whatsover at all. So I accelerate lightly up until 30km/h then press harder. The noise activates as soon as I press harder. If I become light on right foot, the noise goes away as nothing ever happen. I accelerate lightly up until 60km/h then harder. Same, noise activates then. I accelerate harder from the traffic lights? Noise kicks in straight away.

#lovemycommodore #nicecommunity #cheersguys

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
that certainly is a description, got me beat can't think of any humming noises. Do you feel anything (other than dread) when the noise happens, like is it a vibration?

only thing i can thing is that perhaps at those k's the engine mounts or something are worn and you are getting a vibration.

ste-vx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe S2
No, no vibrations. The engine does have a small, very small trepidation, when idling, but that's just the engine. I'm suspecting the transmission...

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
any mods