Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 extracor question

dastig

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S1
Hey all,
I have a VT 5.0L and I am wondering if all the 304 motors have the same part number for the extractors or is there body restraints? I assumed vn & vp would be the same and VR & VS the same, or are all the extractors interchangeable??

Thanks guys and gals:w00t:

dastig

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S1
they are all the same block, it's just all the engine bays are different so I wonder if each model had to have it's own bend. The VT had a roller cam, but it's still the same block.

Overdose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0L Exec
part number depends on brand of header. pacemaker are ph5050. you have to make sure that whatever you get is for a vt with whatever options you have too.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
they will be different to VN-S headers for sure, as the rack will be in a different position and the motor will physicaly sit in a different place to the VN-S cars

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
i been recomended the pacemaker extractors the best for vt 5.0. people reckon they been happier with them than with diflippo

anyone else got got them on there vt5.0 are you happy with them.????

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Id say the diflippos make more power and the would actually fit properly in a VT. if I could afford them I'd choose them

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
go to the pacemaker website and check their listings, will tell you exactly what part numbers will fit in what models etc

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
VN-VR are all the same, the VS changed depending on variable speed sensitive steering and hi torque starter, then the VT was different again. The VT has twin cats. Some VN-VS's had twin cats but only in the HSV range.

Pacemaker are very good, Difillipo are good but a bit over priced IMO. Interestingly, have a look at the Advance Headers website, they put Pacemaker and Difillipo lower than their own in performance.