Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractor and intake help for VE SV6 2009 SIDI

GlxBxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV commodore series 2
Hey guys i'm new here, just looking for some tailored opinions on my setup.
I have an Automatic 09 ve sv6 sidi with 130000km's on clock
I bought an xforce 2.25" catcback exhaust (which i kind of regret because i later found out i could fit a 2.5"). But I'm looking into buying some extractors for it, which is where i'm unsure i'd like to go xforce with highflow cats but can't justify a $1100 price tag. Empire offer extractors with high flow cats or no cats (i'm considering no cats) for $600 which is a more comfortable price point but what i really want to know is whats the difference? Am i paying for production and quality? Or are xforce and empire on similar levels? And is there a performance difference? Are there better brands? Also i've read that some series 1 and series 2 sv6 & omega SIDI's have extractors as part of the engine wondering if mine would be a victim of that?

As for intake, i've read 3 different threads comparing OTR's and Airhammers. Airhammers seem to be most peoples favourite choice but members of my family have OTRAI's on their SS's so i'm sort of just following the pack. But i've read that airhammers can give better power not sure if thats before or after a tune

Obviously through all this i'll need a tune
Any opinion is greatly appreciated

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Also i've read that some series 1 and series 2 sv6 & omega SIDI's have extractors as part of the engine wondering if mine would be a victim of that?

Go have a look at the engine. If you see a single pipe coming out of each side then you have the integrated manifolds. Keep the cats, it's a defect without them and modern cats (even 200cell) aren't really even that much of a restriction.

TBH, the tune by itself would make a bigger differance than the mods, particularly the air intake, so I wouldn't spend up big on it. If you really want to go for the tune, find a place that will actually do tuning for the V6s first as they use a different ECU to the LS engines.

Last edited: