Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors and cats... *UPDATE Pg 6 Dyno Results

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Still not to late to jump on the deal Matt :)

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Thats a great result Mikey, how does it drive now?

Roll on 1st gear lights up... Clutch pop 2nd at 40-50kph and lay strips.... It's pretty fun ;)

Bad points? Well when driving normally its no different really, just more useable torque... Jump on the go pedal and expect it to throw you back, need to be abit smoother getting in and out of the pedal to be smooth, that's all.

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
mikey cheers for sending the steps to fitting the new exhaust it helped a lot. i did end up doing it on my own though, so it ended up talking a little bit longer the 3 hours haha. my car sounds awesome now though. well after i replaced the spark plugs I managed to damage getting the right hand extractor out. I also found being HSV i think my stock extractors were a little different because they were not coming out without the steering shaft being disconnected.
how did you go getting the maffless tune and otr done? what is WA performance like? I have been looking around to see where is best to take it to get the tune.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Yep, HSV have a short tri-y cast extractor type thingo I think... Bit different to my stocker VE SS.

OTR and tune was easy, dropped car off at 8am, picked up at 3pm, payed my money and drove off.

Take your pick between WA Perormance and Active Automotive I think personally. WA Performance was closer to me so I chose them. Mitch (WA Performance) was great to chat with and made me feel like I could trust my car with him.

Actives didn't give me the same happy feeling... but no-one can deny their results and performance they get from cars....

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Few people have asked me to upload again how the car sounds now it's been on the car awhile and has the OTR and mafless tune.

As you can see, a lot less traction in 1st haha, if you short shift to 2nd with abit of clutch it'll do the same, but wasn't really the point I was going for here.

VE SS Wagon Manta Exhaust - YouTube