Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors and cats... *UPDATE Pg 6 Dyno Results

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
No worries, once the exhaust is done I'll be off to either Actives or WA Performance for a VCM OTR and mafless tune.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Walkinshaw, do it or, just fail.
If you cant afford the walkinshaw, you can allways get some thing else.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The Walkinshaw is made by HM, the only difference is the fancy machined tips. Proves marketing works. Pay the $1000 premium for the Walkinshaw name to get a HM/Perry system.....

Every brand has a different design saying that theirs works best for flow and power. There are legitimate differences between brands, and you would probably pick it on a dyno, but in real world driving, the only difference is note. And then, it will be an individual thing, everyone has a different idea on what sounds better.

It really perturbs me when people say that this system or that system sounds the best and that is the system people should buy. I say that people should listen to a few different systems and pick the one that they like. I push Manta because, yes, I believe they sound really good. I can also do them cheap compared to their retail price so a lot of people are buying them. When they are installed, I would go out on a limb and say that everyone has been very happy with the quality and the sound of the Manta systems. They are not a cheap imported or Ebay exhaust. (As a matter of fact, there is one shop here in WA that is selling Manta on Ebay, but I still do them cheaper :) ) They are one of the better systems available, sure, they don't look all pretty and shiny, but performace, note and fit are not judged by how it looks.

The only thing I will say about which system people should buy is that get the one that they can afford and that they like. Do not be a sheep and get a particular one because everyone says they should. (Unless of course they say Manta...). If you are a brand junkie and like to spruke on about what you have fitted to your car, then get the one that has had the most publicity and is the most expensive. If a cheap imported exhaust is all you can afford, then get it. But if you can stretch a few hundred extra, go the Australian made one as it has been designed, tested and refined to suit the car, not just copied and made to look all nice and pretty.

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
Pay the $1000 premium for the Walkinshaw name to get a HM/Perry system.....

I think you will find HM have the same price list as Walkinshaw now, both quoted me $2085 for headers and $2,850 for the 3' inch bi-modal catback.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I think you will find HM have the same price list as Walkinshaw now, both quoted me $2085 for headers and $2,850 for the 3' inch bi-modal catback.

I stand corrected on that then.

$4935 for extractors and a system....wow....

The system that Mikey is getting comes to $2300 all up.....

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Your a legend NAAF!! Great info and no BS. Everything you say re the hurry headers, manta cats and manta cat back sounds good. Also just noticed your FB page post on the VE V8. I will give it serious consideration over the weekend mate. Matt.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I stand corrected on that then.

$4935 for extractors and a system....wow....

The system that Mikey is getting comes to $2300 all up.....

my full KPM 3" system with 100cpi cats and the pacemaker 1 7/8 ceramic coated cost me 4500 :( haha worth every cent i reakon tho sounds amazing!

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Went and picked up these goodies today from Manta. Was like a little kid at Christman ripping the packing off.

IMG_0613_zps3d027592.jpg

Layed it all out making sure I had it all

IMG_0614_zpsf9ea8a91.jpg

Just dummed it up with the bolts to make sure they were all there too.

IMG_0618_zps464e4025.jpg

IMG_0617_zpsd60c1154.jpg

Only problem I have, is I have x8 smaller bolts, and x8 bigger bolts. Of which all 16 holes are the same size, so I guess x8 are used between cats/extractors, and x8 are used on the catback. I just have no idea which ones go where.

All looks GREAT though, thanks alot NAAF :D Can't wait to get it installed.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Forget the PM, you have it right the way they are in that pic.