Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors and cats... *UPDATE Pg 6 Dyno Results

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
I actually think in the picture I have small ones on the full left side, and large ones on the right, was just doing that to see where there might be any issues.

As much as I would of thought the larger ones go up front because of heat like you said, there are some small clearance issues with the large bolts near the weld's on the extractor flange. Either the large or small will both fit, but the small clears the weld a little easier. That is all I could think of.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Looks fantastic! are you sire thats not a 2.5 inch outlet on the end of those headers though??

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Yep it sure is. I thought it was a 3" collector AND 3" flange (which it very well may be if you get a full 3" system??) then steps down to 2.5" at the end of the cats.

Mine is a 3" collector but steps down to a 2.5" flange, then 2.5" in and out cats, and twin 2.5" cat back

Haha if nothing else hopefully this thread gives a few guys who want to do a DIY exhaust at home an idea of exactly what they need, or will get. I know when I was looking it was hard to find pictures, and info about exactly what you were getting.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Just had a really good chat to NAAF - we are looking at 2 sets of what you have Mikey. If anyone else is interested, NAAF's FB page has a deal if we can get 5 people together, we can all save 100 bucks. So we need 3 other people on top of me and my work colleague.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Just had a really good chat to NAAF - we are looking at 2 sets of what you have Mikey. If anyone else is interested, NAAF's FB page has a deal if we can get 5 people together, we can all save 100 bucks. So we need 3 other people on top of me and my work colleague.

Ohhh yeahhh cheers boys just after I buy mine ahaha.

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
I stand corrected on that then.

$4935 for extractors and a system....wow....

The system that Mikey is getting comes to $2300 all up.....

I think it should read more like, WOW, Mikey has spent $4700 on a system that is worth $2300, only because of misinformation provided by your good self.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
I think it should read more like, WOW, Mikey has spent $4700 on a system that is worth $2300, only because of misinformation provided by your good self.

Firstly the Walky cat-back came with the car when I bought it, and it did not add to the overal purchase price of the car second hand, so it cost me $0.

Secondly, in the long term I never planned to keep the Walky system.

Thirdly, the Walky system should have good resale value.

bartox86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV

I may be intested in getting this as well. Especially if we can get a video up of what it sounds like in time hey. Wink wink!!
Cheers 4 posting those pictures 2 Mikey..... looks excellent!!

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Going in next weekend boys, stuck working this weekend.

Video will be up then :)

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Any idea what I should torque the bolts into the heads for the extractors to??

15Nm first pass, 20Nm second pass sound about right?

Last edited: