Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors and cats... *UPDATE Pg 6 Dyno Results

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I think it should read more like, WOW, Mikey has spent $4700 on a system that is worth $2300, only because of misinformation provided by your good self.

Don't you think mikey would have kept his exhaust if he wanted to, all that would have been needed is a cut and weld of the walky system to make some cat pipes or go for the H&M extractors and cats

I don't get why you really care......

Stig

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Z Series
I like the look of those Hurricane Headers and Cats,,,,,How much would those headers be on their Own?
Also can you get different Cats to Suit as this wouldn't bolt up to my 3 inch Xforce Catback..
Maybe NAAF could answer this and Price me the same Headers,,1/78..
GREAT PHOTOS....:)

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
It's just 10pm now, after about 3 solid hours work, full exhaust is in.

It's got a miss down low, not sure if I didn't put a lead on right, or I've damaged a spark plug when taking leads on and off. Either way I don't think it's too big of an issue to sort out...

Will post abit more tomorrow, but for now I'm buggered!

Stig

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Z Series
Be interesting to see if your CEL comes on....

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
It's not yet, but I expect it to come on haha.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
I've only given it a 2 min lap round the block and it had the miss so didn't get into it too much.

I'm stuck at work again today which is killing me, but I'll post up once I can comment on the sound.

Fitment wise it is perfect, no issues at all, extremely happy!

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
So was it worth it.

100% stoked! Love it! Came home on my lunch break just to have a listen and drive ahaha.

No drone at 70 in 5th, or 100-110in 6th (on ANYWHERE for that matter, but those are the normal drone spots in exhausts).

It's not too loud at idle, but it really gets louder above 3000rpm or so, love it!

Walky system is on WA gumtree for those that PM'd me and were interested. Search 'walkinshaw ve commodore' and it should come up. Price negotiable of course.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Hey Mikey, thats awesome news mate! Its really reassuring hearing how happy you are with the fitment and result when me and my boss are about to buy exactly the same as you. How did you find fitting the headers?? Ive never fitted a set before so did you remove and then fit the hurricanes from underneath on both sides??? Any tips on the easiest way to fit would be appreciated. We won't have a hoist, did you??

Matt