Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors/Headers kw gains ???

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the gains you get from putting extractors on ??? A long time ago, (before I bought mah ute) people were telling me extractors gave upto a 20% increase, but to me that seems a little high....Any ideas ????

Cheers,
Kilmo

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the gains you get from putting extractors on ??? A long time ago, (before I bought mah ute) people were telling me extractors gave upto a 20% increase, but to me that seems a little high....Any ideas ????

Cheers,
Kilmo
G'day Kilmo havent been on for a while.
Here ya go a new system out from HM Headers they e-mailed this reply back to me a while a go.
We have designed a header for the Alloytec motor which we will be producing very soon, it is a HM112SS which is a (stainless steel header) which will bolt up to your existing catalytic convertors or into our hi-flow cats which have a 2 1/8” outlet as we found that was the best size for the engine. With our headers and cats we gained approx 35nm low down in the rev range where its needed the most.

We also have a dual 2 1/8” exhaust system already on the market - HM112DS

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Hehe, yah...I've been AWOL a while huh ?? =) Cheers for that Brett. So according to HM, thats a 10% (approx) increase in Torque. Thats pretty good. I was looking at Pacemaker Headers, and can only assume that all headers are the same. Within reason of course. I'll get back to you guys after I get it done. =)

Cheers,
Kilmo