Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors... the diffrence

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Hey Commodore Brother's Id just like to start by saying that in my local town,Commodore driver's have alot of respect an paitence's on the roads here for each other, just like to thank you all,it's good to see that ppl of the same intrest can get along insted of fight...,
But my questian is,Is there a diffrence between Manual Extractor's an Automatic ?? Plz tell me im bidding on some on ebay i have a auto V6 ecotech Vy 03 189Kw at the rear wheels atm. Thanks

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I know Pacemaker extractors are for both auto and manual. But I don't think there is a difference.

Also if you don't mind me asking, what mods have you got to get 189rwkw?

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
also would like to know how u got that power

Guzzoline addict

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
I dont know about the VY, but extractors in general, Auto extractors ends point torwards the back of the car and manual extractors ends point towards the tailshaft.If you try fitting manual extractors to a auto the pipes might hit the back of the pan.Most companys only sell auto extractors nowadays that i know of.

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Re extractors

Hey aN thanks for your Input it has answerd my questian,an now im sad lol i wanted them extractors lol,But i gained my power out of a few diffrent way starting with the simple stuff K&N CIA kit Platnum iridium 4 burners Supercharge6 Coil packs with new top gun leads, memcal , 71mm throttlebody High preformace,superlow suspension most ppl dont know u get better off line speed with lowerd suspension an better fuel econ, an i had a small amout of head work done to her,re bore, pistions fuelump an lines an a crow cam Dyno 189.kw@rw @3.800rpm

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Is that a fact , il get hold of the data sheet 4 u then,i dont have all the spec's on what has excactly been done but i have the dyno data sheet.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Is that a fact , il get hold of the data sheet 4 u then,i dont have all the spec's on what has excactly been done but i have the dyno data sheet.

What sort of power does it make at a higher RPM? KW's increase with engine revs (or at least I thought they did).

I'm not doubting that your car doesn't make that kind of power! But one thing I want to know is why you would do all the mods like head work and a cam plus more and not get the exhaust sorted?

Last edited: