Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors to suit Di Filippo 3" Catback

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
I have a VF 6.0L Calais S1 too which i had fitted a 3" Di Filippo catback a few months ago. I want to put hurricane headers and hi flo cats on it, but I have been informed it is a pain to fit them as Di Filippo's don't fit with anything without modification. Is this true? Is it a simple fix? Or is my preferred installer just being lazy and not wanting to do it? (trying to get labour price but its like drawing blood from a stone)

Maz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R M6
If the cat back has been fitted to your stock headers with no modifications, it stands to reason that any aftermarket header that finishes in the stock position will fit. The GM Motorsport RAMJET exhaust springs to mind: http://www.ramjet.com.au/exhausts.html

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Its just simple modifications! Find a better exhaust shop...

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Just got quoted $300 + normal install price. 2nd exhaust shop in Perth told me it's a pain to fit and needs custom fabrication ‍♂️

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it is a pain to do BUT it is any exhaust places JOB to work with these situations... maby they dont have a pipe bender and only like bolting things on

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Don’t see why it would be an issue... as others have said, if the catback was attached to the standard headers, then I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t bolt up to a set of hurricane headers

Any reason why you don’t stick with the di filippo headers?

That’s what I ended up doing with my ve - originally got the di filippo catback and had it bolted up to the standard headers and cats

Then, when I got some more cash, had the di filippo headers and cats installed

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Don't like the sound or the price. Had hurricanes on my redline, 1/2 the cost and better sounding