Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i asked about high flow cats the other day at the guy i go too and he said youd be looking at around 450 for something decent, also ive heard they dont make much difference anyway.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I got a hi-flow cat, but i cant say what it done. I bought my extractors second hand aslo and they came with a hi-flow cat attached, so it all went in a once. I have heard some reputable people tell me its hardly worth it as vr cats flow heaps anywayz.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hi flow cats only really benefit a high performance engine. On a V6, you probably wouldn't notice any difference from a stock cat unless you had forced induction. V8's benefit more from them.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
ah ok cool, well that answers the cat question then. cheers guys but what about the y-piece? any opinions on that?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
If your cars done large k's and the cat needs replacing, may as well go the high flow, but dont go out of your way......

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
ah ok cool, well that answers the cat question then. cheers guys but what about the y-piece? any opinions on that?

The only way your gonna really get out of the Y peice is to get a full twin exhaust. For the gain you may/maynot get out of a bigger Y peice will not out weigh the cost. Remember your car still needs back pressure to function right. You go opening the exhaust up to much you will lose alot of power....you may gain it back at 8000rpm but thats no good going to the corner store.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Thats not quite correct. Back pressure in any form is bad. What you are chasing is exhaust gas velocity. A system that is too big can create more back pressure than a system that is too small.

The stock Y piece on a VS V6 is 2" anyway and is not restrictive at all. I would leave it. And it is stainless.

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Ah ok cool well in that case I wont worry bout the y-piece or cat... again thanks alot guys you have been tons of help :thumbsup: