Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors

Dreamn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSV8
Pls forgive me I’m an old codger , im still learning how to use my iPhone.
I’ve got an LS1 in an vy and want to keep the standard exhaust system apart from the extractors . Which extractors should I use for a deeper note ? I’m open to suggestions

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It would be better to do the whole system if you want extractors.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The extractors won't make much difference to the overall sound on a stock system.

Only a slight performance gain, but the stock system is so restrictive you won't get much sound difference.

Exhausts have changed so much since the 70/80's where you had a single muffler system which was your only restriction when putting extractors on, now exhuast systems have multiple mufflers and resonators that are heavily chambered and restricted to cut down noise.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If all you want is a bit more sound then a decent cat back exhaust would be the way to go, even better again a full system with extractors as well

Dreamn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSV8
If all you want is a bit more sound then a decent cat back exhaust would be the way to go, even better again a full system with extractors as well
Thanks for your comments guys. I guess it does make more sense to go full system..