Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors?

andrewownsavp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0ltr
Brought second hand pacemakers off my mates 1993 vr auto. I own a 1992 vp manual just wondering if they will fit on i only brought then because he only wanted 150 for near brand new headers.

andrewownsavp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0ltr
speaking to a bloke about it he reackons he has never heard such a thing as manual and auto extractors and he also says that if there was headers for autos will be bigger because of the gear box so if there are headers for autos and manuals that the auto headers might be interchangeable to a manual but not from a manual to a auto?

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
i belive they will fit as the auto one's are angeled further out(towars the outside) because of the bigger bell housing on the autos.

andrewownsavp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0ltr
Ill give it a go there is a seperate pipe for the left side to go over the rack but i under stand there only pipes and they can be modified

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
speaking to a bloke about it he reackons he has never heard such a thing as manual and auto extractors and he also says that if there was headers for autos will be bigger because of the gear box so if there are headers for autos and manuals that the auto headers might be interchangeable to a manual but not from a manual to a auto?

Nah there is definitely a Manual ONLY and Auto ONLY set. Part numbers 5009 and 5019.

So manual sets will not fit auto's and vice versa.

Unless its part number 5029 which are the Comp headers which fit BOTH.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you've already got'em so you might as well try them on for size. one possible issue might be the clearance around the clutch release cable etc:thumbsup: