Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extrusion honing on banana manifold

Discussion in 'V8 Development and Modification' started by shane_3800, May 16, 2020.

1. shane_3800

shane_3800 Active Member

Members Ride:
    vr commo
    Hi all.
    I've been thinking about keeping my standard intake manifold on my 5l VS. I don't want any defects other than being too loud or too low. The engine is getting some mods that I don't want anyone looking into.

So I had a bright idea..... Use the standard intake so doing some searching (ive been over this years ago) I found the standard intake is poo and needs tremendous amounts of work to be even reasonable.
    So I went looking at extursion honing and found the guy in Sydney that used to do it no longer is there. Is there any place still around?
    If not I guess I'll cut the top and bottom off and hand port it.

2. afstruct

afstruct Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
    I'm keen to know of someone as well, would love to get my starr manifold done

3. shane_3800

shane_3800 Active Member

Members Ride:
    vr commo
    I've got a feeling it's no longer available here in Australia. If thats the case I'm going to have to learn how to TIG weld alloy well TIG weld altogether haha. I can lay a mean bead of 7016 Stick on my DC welder that has MIG and Stick plus scratch start TIG which I've never used.
    If I have to I'll try and cut it open I'll cut it at the top just under the two rails then I'll cut the bottom plate off. This will give me access to the full length of the runners then I can draw up a port map and get in and bore the runners out.