Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EYY's 95 VS Statesman

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
looks good, I wanna know where you got your rear twin resi from?
It's a redback resi. I've had a look on eBay and most redback resi's to suit ls1 vt's appear to be the same one. You'd obviously need to modify the pipes to make it work.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
thanks mate, I'll check it out. I've done the same hack with a vy hsv exhaust, but added 2x hotdogs. It's loud at 2200rpm and I want it a tad quieter.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That'll let it breathe a bit better :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That's a worthwhile mod to do mate.

If engine is still a stocker with cast iron headers find some hsv or calais steel headers as they'll help it rev nicer with bit more mid range especially with decent memcal tune.

Balance pipe would help too like vt models had but you'd need to be inventive in fitting one underneath vn-vs although most end up with x pipe near trans member which is less than ideal.

Pacermakers are next step up but tbh for the price & nuisance to fit better off waiting untill fun engine you're building goes in.

Had pacies,twin vn-s cats,twin 2.5' pipes merge to 3' muffler then resonator on ol' vt 5.0 back in the day....sounded better than it went for a tank lol.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It's already got a baby cam, Hsv headers, tune etc. Definitely noticed a little more responsiveness. Not a really a noticeable difference in power overall though - maybe a few kw. But it already had the mandrel bent y piece that came only on vs s3's. All the earlier ones are the crappy press bent things, so maybe that makes a difference too.

The factory stainless headers aren't great - mine were cracked when I got them and I welded them up. I'm not a massive fan of the ball flange though, and I think they've cracked again where the pipes join. Seems inevitable with such thin steel.

I actually have a set of stainless hm headers for it, but I'll have to modify them to suit my system. See here: http://www.hmheaders.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=111

Not sure whether they'll fit the vs with variatronic steering AND the vt full circle bellhousing. There's not much room there at all - but their website doesn't mention anything about the variable steering so I may be safe. Doesn't really matter anyway, I'll just change them to suit. And yeah I don't like that crappy kiss pipe. Will eventually get rid of that and do the h pipe like I've done on my Hj.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Small update, haven't done anything to the car except drive it and fit a double din headunit. Still need to make the fascia fit properly which will happen soon enough. The hard work is all done though - only took 2 hours to fit which was nice.

Also going to fit the 328mm VS GTS brakes in a few weeks when exams are over. Unfortunately no really good pics but you get the point. Will paint calipers black or silver - not sure yet - so that they don't stand out as much.

VsGmsAo.jpg

D7eQbB8.png

ewVhPzI.png

jKAwv5w.png

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I've got the same headunit in my Navara, love it.

Carplay/Android auto is amazing.

If you haven't done it yet, download the latest firmware for it from Sony, it gets rid of the "driver safety" acknowledgement thing you have to press every time you turn it on.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I've got the same headunit in my Navara, love it.

Carplay/Android auto is amazing.

If you haven't done it yet, download the latest firmware for it from Sony, it gets rid of the "driver safety" acknowledgement thing you have to press every time you turn it on.
oh good, didn't know that was a thing! that warning does get really annoying every time! Loving it so far though, great to have maps on the screen as I'm always travelling to different places.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Small update, haven't done anything to the car except drive it and fit a double din headunit. Still need to make the fascia fit properly which will happen soon enough. The hard work is all done though - only took 2 hours to fit which was nice.

Also going to fit the 328mm VS GTS brakes in a few weeks when exams are over. Unfortunately no really good pics but you get the point. Will paint calipers black or silver - not sure yet - so that they don't stand out as much.

VsGmsAo.jpg

D7eQbB8.png

Rotor looks good! id spray the rotors hub section and the caliper silver (like mine). black hides in the shadows and you dont notice the brake set up.