Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EYY's 95 VS Statesman

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I got the 5002 which are bigger diameter than normal. (Pretty sure that was the #)
I supported the engine up top and dropped the crossmember and steering to get drivers side in from the bottom.
Passenger side could have gone in 1 handed while blind folded.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Cheers guys. Shouldn’t be too difficult then.

Figured out what the leak actually was -the rack is fine. Firstly was ps return hose was loose. Second was the trans line made contact with the ps rack and had rubbed all the way through the pipe. Was leaking a ridiculous amount and the trans was slipping which was the main giveaway. Went from being fine and no leaks, to the Exxon Valdez in a matter of a couple of hours driving.

Fitted the new lines today, lucky I had a spare set here. Had to remove cat pipes, lower steering rack and lower the rear of the trans to access the fittings. Wasn’t that difficult and only took a couple of hours from start to finish. Exhaust will have to wait till after cup weekend when exams are over.

At least it’s driveable now.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Been a while since I've updated this. I've done a fair bit, and been trying to get it ready for club reg. Fingers crossed I can get a roady for it over the next couple of weeks.

Resprayed the roof, glued together another rear garnish (should still look good), rebuilt the power steering pump, re-polished the engine covers (could use some hand polishing), refitted the factory head unit, got demister working and refitted vac operated heater tap, replaced strut tops and boots, removed led light bars, replaced LHF headlight, foglight, indicator and brackets, replaced uni's and more. Think I'll go back to the clutch fan if I can find a good shroud for the sake of originality.

Exhaust was replaced a few years ago with the pacemakers, single 3" cat and redback catback. Sounds very dirty compared to the previous vid I posted - much better.

Plenty more to do, including respraying the bootlid and drivers rear 1/4, but that'll happen after its back on the road.

sY5PHZN.jpg

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Getting closer. It's at a stage where everything works, all interior/dash illumination, cluster lcd's, trip computer, cruise control, steering wheel stereo controls, climate control, elec seats and seat memory, auto aerial and manual adjustment.

Tightened rocker cover bolts, replaced front pads, rebuilt power steering pump, tidied some wiring, removed tow bar wiring etc. I'll need to rebuild a diff for it shortly (gear whine started as a whisper a few years ago and has become louder over time), and plan to fit an m80 with 3.7's. I already have a couple of spare m80's and a new set of 3.7's, just need to buy the bearing/seal kit.
yLWOKBt.jpg

9VENeiO.jpg

Ztb2nXd.jpg

DUcZ1LH.jpg

Last edited: