Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F150 tow rig

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A set of highway's then.
And a pair of A/T on the old rims for the rear, for winter, for when going to collect the trailer.
Or solve the problem by doing some drainage work to avoid boggy ground and then lay some road base where the trailer will sit and along the access path.

The be happy with a set of highway tires for the win :p

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
See its not my trailer nor my paddock haha. I do like the separate rears idea, but can also not see myself being bothered changing wheels to suit the weather either haha.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
See its not my trailer nor my paddock haha. I do like the separate rears idea, but can also not see myself being bothered changing wheels to suit the weather either haha.
If you borrow the trailer for free, maybe donate the shellrock for a path to the trailer? Better for you and the owner.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Towing an empty trailer (I'll assume) out of a wet paddock and driving on some gravel roads occasionally I don't think really warrants All Terrains...

Even the trailer with a car on it, if it is too wet, All Terrains would struggle getting you out and not get bogged....Too wet is more Mud Terrain Territory

If it was me, I'd be going with Highways....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Imagine how surprised your mate would be when he rocks up and sees two gravel strips to his parked trailer :p :p :p

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Lol, I'll point out the owner of the trailer and paddock are different mates too.

Anyway good to see that everyones agreeing that the HT is likely the way to go rather than conflicting opinions. Will go see the tyre shop when I get some time and get it happening.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol, I'll point out the owner of the trailer and paddock are different mates too.

Anyway good to see that everyones agreeing that the HT is likely the way to go rather than conflicting opinions. Will go see the tyre shop when I get some time and get it happening.
Suspected as much but even though the mate who owns the paddock may not smile, your trailer mate will grin ear to ear seeing the easier wet access :p:p:p

PS: Love the truck and if it were mine I'd hate to see it covered in mud or hear the tires roar down the highway. Your mileage may vary but maybe not so much :cool: