Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Face Recognition, Where are not in CHINA but KMART, Bunnings, and The Good guys are using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
No doubt Asange is a bit of a twat, actually he’s a huge twat as he and his team should have read and then redacted information which would place lives at risk before publication.

But the crime he is being charged with is not the lack of redaction when releasing the docs (which would have saved some assets from retribution killing) but the fact he had the documents in his possession in the fist place (and supposedly aided manning in accessing them).

Classified stuff gets leaked often but it was the wholesale release of classified documents which embarrassed the USA, UK, Aus and other allies and I think was the driving force as to why he was being pursued/persecuted. Hint, don’t embarrass multiple governments :rolleyes:

The fact he highlighted US war crimes shouldn’t be dismissed as it was a service to us all. Such war crimes should be exposed and shouldn’t go unpunished (though i don’t remember anyone being punished for killing the journalists as it was I think put down to fog of war).

It’s a huge clusterfuck of auz government failure, likely related to the level of embarrassment caused by the e,say cables release, but at least our government is now showing small steps in trying some diplomacy to protect its citizens.

Bring him home and punish him here according to our laws should be the Aussie play book when internet crimes are committed by our citizens.
He posted 'classified information' on the internet, didn't he think there may be consequences?
Apparently he is an intelligent man?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
He posted 'classified information' on the internet, didn't he think there may be consequences?
Apparently he is an intelligent man?
Apparently not so intelligent if he though embarrassing multiple nations will end well for him :rolleyes:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hi VFSV6FORME,
I would recommend filing this complaint with your GP. Clearly your drugs are either too strong, or not strong enough.
Regards, Customer Support.
One FAKE New Member. Personal attacks nothing else but if you work for The Good guys which I dont think so you have bough them in in dispute.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I saw the Good Guys post more as a nod to the "always watching" concept.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I get that..it was more in reference to:

“Expensive 85 inch tv has tape over the camera and MIc turn off and when I have a service person come to our house I added the Feature with a External Mic Switch”

Etc…
Sony had plenty of Complaints around the World about the Mic because One Model that cost over $16,000 AU had a issure when you use software to turn the mic off it was still on so Sony added a new feature on the next model that had a mechanical switch on the rear left just around the corner, easy to get at to turn it off but at the same time it can be fitted to the early model because most have complained to sony about this and they said "We Will fix the Issue with a Firmware update", How many time you have heard that rubbish before.
Now I have explained it fully

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I saw the Good Guys post more as a nod to the "always watching" concept.
Maybe China Owned Harrrrrrr, Well after this I will defiently not buy anything in the the Good Guys but once again I don't thing that a Employees from the Good Guys would insult me because the fake person does not know who am I, and for what just for saying the TRUTH that Some GOOD GUYS Store are using Face Recognition and be insulted by this.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
16245844521_ec440a4649_b.jpg

What I imagine the OP looks like when writing these posts.

It's inevitable that we will end up in a world of constant survelliance with the increase of technology. I bet you are scared of self serve checkouts too because they have cameras and will "steal everyones jobs"

One man ranting that he isn't going into a good guys anymore isn't going to stop the advancement of global technology.'

It should also be noted here that I'm not in favour of the CCTV stuff thats happening. But I accept that this is the way the world will move, we can bitch and moan about it all we want but everything these days slowly surveils us. smart phones will use the facebook app to listen to your conversations then produce relevant ads, bank algoritms monitor our spending on our cards etc and produce shopping patterns etc.

Even home CCTV cameras now have the ability to do facial recognition and profiling if you buy the right software licenses. I'd love to live on the same street as old mate and have him upset that he knows that I've got his face and him walking past every day or his cars rego stored on my cloud storage forever and theres nothing he can do about it because it's my legal right to use CCTV on my own property.

Just the fact you are using this forum means theres details stored about you online forever. No matter what you do in life if you use the internet, go to a shop, have bank accounts etc. Your details are all over the internet and you have no control over that.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I get that..it was more in reference to:

“Expensive 85 inch tv has tape over the camera and MIc turn off and when I have a service person come to our house I added the Feature with a External Mic Switch”

Etc…
Yes but being old has a advantage and disadvantageous beside having a few stroke's that effect me but at the same time the family have acquired a lot of money in years as you can see what I'm being talking about none stop Satellite this and that and other and some members like kicking me when I down or because my disability but if they go over the line they will meet me dress in made to measure suit that fits me good and where do you see me dress in this suit..... COURT.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Nobody is having a dig at you over your disability or your stroke etc.

They are having a go at your crackpot paranoia, which is what you posted about in the first place.

Because someone has a difference of opinion to you, doesnt' mean they are attacking your disability.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nobody is having a dig at you over your disability or your stroke etc.

They are having a go at your crackpot paranoia, which is what you posted about in the first place.

Because someone has a difference of opinion to you, doesnt' mean they are attacking your disability.
I let my lawyer decide this. Yes Screenshot everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.