Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Facebook? Love it or hate it...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i use it. ive found quite a few people from primary school that i had lost contact with, and also old mates from america when i used to live over there. can also waste a bit of time on a few of the applications, but i hate the pointless ones. i use ones like quizzes and trivia, and they keep me awake a bit at work lol.
the emails do get annoying. ill open my inbox and have about 50 new ones. most are pointless like - "someone viewed your profile. that is all" .....good for them.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
haha, I turned all the email notifications off after about 5 minutes of having an account.

Agreed though, scary to know that the hot people have gotten ugly and the ugly ones have gotten hot. And also scary to see some of the people from primary school that were a bit slow, are now in sucessful careers.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I found it handy to find an old friend I found uncontactable for 5 years.

Other than that not very useful.

50LTRv8

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
I hate Facebook and i hate Myspace. I have never joined either of them at all and never will.

without sounding nasty or anything, how can you hate something you have never joined or used? i's a bit like saying you hate pinaple and havnt actualy tried it to develop a idea for it.

on a side note, i got a face book, pretty lame, i found it interesting, i put a fishtank in there and sent my wife some fish, kept me amuzed for a little bit, then i lost interest.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
yeah i didnt exactly like facebook or myspace, but then one of my mates irritated the **** out of me to make one, so i did...... now believe it or not i actually like it.....

myspace is easier to work with and funner.....
facebook i mainly use for the poker, thats about it really.....

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Im on myspace, and i rarely check it, sometimes ill have messages on there from people who dont have computers at home and use their work computers to tell me about something but other than i have no interest.

My girlfriend at the time actually made me a facebook and it confused the **** out of me, i havent visited it since she made it for me.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I don't have either - but I do like that i can jump on there and find photos/videos on mates pages from parties etc.

I don't like the idea of making it easy for potential/past employers, crazy ex-girlfriends, etc to find out heaps of personal information about me.

I also don't like the thought of what is going to happen with this information in 50 years time :)

Imagine the future PM's election campaign being ruined by all those drunk streaking videos he put up on his myspace when he was 20 :p

Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid. hehe.

I suppose the general rule would be "don't put anything you wouldn't tell your mother on your mySpace/facebook account"!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think the general rule of life is don't do anything you are not comfortable with everyone in the world knowing about full stop :p. So it doesn't really matter about myspace or facebook then. It's like that politician guy I saw on tv the other day that had a fetish for smelling seats. He should have just got on the news and said I have a highly evolved sense of my natural instincts and I like to smell where girls have been :)? I would have believe him and said well.... well done!:). It's my rabbits favorite thing in the world to do after all

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I have a Windows Live Space, which is more than enough for me. Plus I'm not that much of a trend-whore.

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
----edit---double post.