Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory Alarm Arm & Disarm Wires?

SVSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7
Hi All,
Attempting to install an aftermarket alarm on my car and i have gone through the workshop manual however i still cannot find how to arm the factory alarm using the aftermarket unit, can some drop a wiring pinout or lead me to the correct wires for the factory arm & disarm?
The door lock and unlock wires dont seem to be helping as the alarm doesnt seem to get armed with them.
I have tried a fair few wires at the BCM with a multimeter with no luck
Thanks in advance

SVSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7
On the Diagrams there is a All Doors Lock Relay & a All Doors DeadLock Relay can someone maybe clarify this if these could be the arm wires?

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I'm not an alarm expert, but I don't think there's such a thing as an accessible 'arm' or 'disarm' input for the factory alarm. Not in the sense you are thinking.
The alarm logic is integrated into the BCM and would likely use digital data from the keyless entry receiver to trigger the system.

...and I have to ask. Why not keep using the factory alarm?

SVSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7
I'm not an alarm expert, but I don't think there's such a thing as an accessible 'arm' or 'disarm' input for the factory alarm. Not in the sense you are thinking.
The alarm logic is integrated into the BCM and would likely use digital data from the keyless entry receiver to trigger the system.

...and I have to ask. Why not keep using the factory alarm?
I would think the same but the alarm units have an Arm/Disarm wires, maybe finding the keyless entry wiring would help but cant find that either.
This is all in order so i can use my factory alarm, It is a remote start system im trying to install and without being able to find the wires it will either set the alarm off or i have to stop using the default alarm which isnt the brightest thing to do

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Usually you buy the upgrade alarm so you keep using the one key fob, they supply the wiring diagram for your model, it can be done with a after market alarm but that means 2 remotes, you will need to splice into your bcm following your installation guide.

SVSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7

SVSam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 5.7
The factory holden workshop manual is not giving me anything on the immobilizer/theft deterrent wiring, was hoping there would be another manual thats maybe more in depth

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
A after market alarm will not open and close vehicle it will only be activation on and off and should be wired to door switch to activate if broking into. If you give the model someone might be able to give you the wiring direction.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
A after market alarm will not open and close vehicle it will only be activation on and off and should be wired to door switch to activate if broking into. If you give the model someone might be able to give you the wiring direction.

Depends on what type of alarm he gets....Some have the function of being able to lock and unlock doors...