Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory hsv headers-tapered ring Called?

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Just got some hsv headers for my 2013 ssv wagon,the headers I got didn't have the tapered ring fitted to the rear of the cats that bolts up to the stock exhaust.
The car they came from must have had an aftermarket catback fitted so they were removed.
Im not changing my factory centre section so I need those rings to fit my headers.
What is the proper name of the steel tapered rings and can you still buy them?
Is it a ball and socket type flange?
Just a thought,my stock cats should have this,can they be removed without destroying them? if so it may be an easy fix,ill use my old ones,hopefully.
Sorry if its a dumb question,every single thing about this bloody holden is new to me.
cheers

Last edited:

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Flange cone gasket/donut gasket,its all coming back to me now,i think my xd with a x flow was the last time I saw one of these fitted,cant believe holden still use them!
I guess they are still quite effective.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Just get an exhaust shop to cut the cone off your cat back and weld on a flat flange,easy job and best way to go about it.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
yes they do come off fairly easily with a couple flatheads. I think you can still bolt it up without that gasket and just use a regular flat one.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon
Thanks guys,not too much of an issue then,cheers