Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Factory L67 TwinCharged Plans

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Yeah mate, i was contemplating moving the bypass valve to in front of the turbo but dont think it would do much. Cars is sitting up in the shed as the moment, had the oil feed seal burst on the turbo and havent had time to clean off the oil from all the manifolds. Works picking up again.

to much back pressure in the oil drain is it.needs to be big or it will blow the internal oil seal next

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
to much back pressure in the oil drain is it.needs to be big or it will blow the internal oil seal next

When i pulled it off i realised that when i had tightened return line it actually twisted just underneath the turbo limiting the flow, not heaps but obviously enough. It couldnt be seen unless i stuck my head right down and had a look which i didnt do! Just the littlest things you dont think of can really be a stuff around.

rubaduckee:

No updates just yet, been flat out at work, think i might have a bit of spare time not this weekend but next. Just put my new fuel system in and running some colder plugs now. Currently looking for some higher resistance coils but cant find anything better than the standard l67 coils. Ive been looking at the bosch coils but cant find much useful information on them.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yeah I know. Sounds good doesn't it.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
yeah, had thought about the same idea but wanted something a little different. Ive done some basic measurements and it should fit snug without too much cutting an bashing. I was going to go full whipple charged an stroked but a standard LS1 in a 850kg vehicle with 38's? think about it, lol.

lol that will be intense, my mate has a zook which is currently on hilux axles (soon to be changed to range rover coil sprung axles) with a 253 in it and it goes like a shower of ****

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
lol that will be intense, my mate has a zook which is currently on hilux axles (soon to be changed to range rover coil sprung axles) with a 253 in it and it goes like a shower of ****

Its all about power to weight ratio man, i reckon it would beat my commodore with big wheels like that. a 10second 1/4 mile suzzy, haha. cool... I should drop it on its guts an turn it into a drag car!

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
:(

ok guys, little bit of a sad ending to the project, i managed to get all the new manifolds, turbo, dump-pipe, oil lines, wastegate, intercooler and pipe work, absolutely everything, but just found out yesterday I have to go overseas. So im keeping the commodore but im probably just going to sell off the kit, keep the commodore at home and when i come back get myself a 2010 s/charged camaro imported from the states. It was a very interesting project for the time and thanks to everyone for the help and assistance that was given. Even though i only had it running for a week it was an absolutely crazy machine an encourage anyone who can find the time to do a twincharged setup to do it! Didnt expect work to get this busy this year but its just to much to deal with at the moment and i really hope to do something similar to this in a few years, perhaps on a v8? Once again, thanks to everyone who helped me get this far, as absolutely everyones advice helped in many ways. If anyone is interested in buying bits and peices of the setup or even the whole thing just let me know, ill post up pics on the weekend of everything i managed to get done anyway. Thanks again guys, it was a great ride while it lasted!

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
ok guys, little bit of a sad ending to the project, i managed to get all the new manifolds, turbo, dump-pipe, oil lines, wastegate, intercooler and pipe work, absolutely everything, but just found out yesterday I have to go overseas. So im keeping the commodore but im probably just going to sell off the kit, keep the commodore at home and when i come back get myself a 2010 s/charged camaro imported from the states. It was a very interesting project for the time and thanks to everyone for the help and assistance that was given. Even though i only had it running for a week it was an absolutely crazy machine an encourage anyone who can find the time to do a twincharged setup to do it! Didnt expect work to get this busy this year but its just to much to deal with at the moment and i really hope to do something similar to this in a few years, perhaps on a v8? Once again, thanks to everyone who helped me get this far, as absolutely everyones advice helped in many ways. If anyone is interested in buying bits and peices of the setup or even the whole thing just let me know, ill post up pics on the weekend of everything i managed to get done anyway. Thanks again guys, it was a great ride while it lasted!

deffo interested in the hole thing mate, what price you after?

mitch

azza77

Kiss my coight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super6
deffo interested in the hole thing mate, what price you after?

mitch

well i think ive got a buyer for just the turbo but for the rest of the kit easiest way would be just to make an offer man. For note, ive put on a new v-band 50mm wastegate and professionally made custom manifolds which set me back $1500 alone because i didnt like my old cheap wastegate and the manifolds didnt make enough air flow. Im obviously not after that price but just to give you an idea the kit is practically brand new, with the exception of the intercooler and pipes, bov and oil return line which were used for no longer than a week. Ill try get photos up tonight.