Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory LPG fitted Holden Commodore Issues- shaking

Seny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore equipe series ii
Hi Guys!

I've had my 2012 Holden VE Equipe LPG factor fitted Holden for a few years now and it constantly has the same issue.

I have taken it to Holden multiple times and other mechanics and they all can not find the issue. Now I know I cannot be the only one with this issue, so if anyone else has ever experienced the below issue and has had it fixed please please let me know!!

When my car is idle- stopped in traffic or at the lights it can sometimes start shaking then build up to a large shake ( like a hard knock the whole car feels like its being shaken). Now this can happen randomly and has completely put me off driving my car. I have had my spark plugs and coils replaced. There has only been one mechanic who has replicated this shake by moving one of my coils out and my car did the same shake. But since I had them all replaced by Holden this should be the issue.

Does anyone know what else it could be or experienced the same issue? No noises are coming from the engine and it does only occur when my car is stopped ( still in D not P).

Thanks!

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Hi Guys!

I've had my 2012 Holden VE Equipe LPG factor fitted Holden for a few years now and it constantly has the same issue.

I have taken it to Holden multiple times and other mechanics and they all can not find the issue. Now I know I cannot be the only one with this issue, so if anyone else has ever experienced the below issue and has had it fixed please please let me know!!

When my car is idle- stopped in traffic or at the lights it can sometimes start shaking then build up to a large shake ( like a hard knock the whole car feels like its being shaken). Now this can happen randomly and has completely put me off driving my car. I have had my spark plugs and coils replaced. There has only been one mechanic who has replicated this shake by moving one of my coils out and my car did the same shake. But since I had them all replaced by Holden this should be the issue.

Does anyone know what else it could be or experienced the same issue? No noises are coming from the engine and it does only occur when my car is stopped ( still in D not P).

Thanks!
What rpm does it idle at? When the shake hits?

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Does the check engine light come on when it shakes and if so have you read the DTCs?

Is it dual fuel or purely LPG?