Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory Sound System Issue

dexxxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Exec
When i turn on my 2007 VE, after 5 seconds my 2007 VE shows 'Voice In' with muting the radio sound and reverts back to the radio shortly after. Does anyone know what would be causing this and how to fix it?

dexxxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
When i bought it last year it came with a Nokia handset which i haven't used nor removed. I don't think it has a bluetooth port on it. How would i go about disabling this?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
if the voice in is being displayed it has to have a bluetooth module installed, also in the passenger side footwell there is a loopback connector on the LH side, make sure thats installed as it will cause the bluetooth to not work correctly....

not too sure about the aftermarket systems sorry

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Just go to your nokia handset and go to a setting along the lines of connectivity, bluetooth. In there, you can turn bluetooth off. That will stop your car connecting to it.

BTW bluetooth and handsfree in the VE is pretty good. I'd use it if possible.

dexxxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank guys! Will try and let you know

myv008

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Whilst this discussion is obviously finished, I'd like to ask if there is a simple way to findout if bluetooth is in the car or not. I have a ve ss 07 and no one i have spoken to can help me. Even the boys from Holden couldnt help. thanks any info appreciated.. Dont want to sound stupid but this is my first commodore..

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
Press the phone button on the steering wheel and try and pair your phone. Then see if your phone picks anything up. Other then that I'm sure people can tell u where to look to see if the Bluetooth box/module is to see if u have it.

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
Weeks after i got my car I found My nokia Bluetooth module was installed & connection was behind the glovebox next to the blower fan. But I think there may be a separate connector to the right side of the stereo behind the kick panel.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
Press the phone button on the steering wheel and try and pair your phone. Then see if your phone picks anything up. Other then that I'm sure people can tell u where to look to see if the Bluetooth box/module is to see if u have it.

You don't need to push the phone button. Just turn on the ignition, enable pairing on the phone and then connect to "Vehicle BT" with a passcode of 1234.

The module itself is located directly above the upper panel of the glovebox body - It's clipped in directly under the passenger airbag, has a harness connected to the left side, and says "Bury" on it.